Next Scotland Manager

Aye Marshall was pure pish last night ehh ? :whistle:

His two "wonder saves" were struck right at him. He would have had to move out the way of the ball for Robben to score. Was down to striking error more than the keeper.

The only keeper to make a truly top quality save was the Dutchman from Miller.

For starters McCulloch retired

Ferguson & McGregor are banned all together for representing Scotland

The only one to come back would be Boyd.

Not necessarily so. Was it not said that there would still be the possibility of Ferguson & McGregor to play again at some point ? They wont but although they were banned I thought there was noise that when Burley went they might get a chance to come back, no ? Given how the mhedia AND the SFA AND George Burley hung them out to dry it wont happen.

McCulloch wouldnt get a game anyway in my opinion but do you not think that it was somewhat convenient that he "retired" just as Burley's reign was starting ?

Think you are being a bit harsh, yes at times his player selection hasn't been the best but in this campaign we have had alot of injuries and players pulling out. The Norway at home game we played good and yet again were unlucky not to get a result. Macednoia away we played good, remember the heat over there which doesnt help !! We had a stonewall penalty turned down that game.

Iceland away we played good

Holland away i thought we done well, that was with a few key men missing, also got a goal chopped off which could of turned things

Last night as we all know we were unlucky

I dont think we played that well at all at home to Norway. My recollection may not be as good as yours but I felt Norway had as many chances as we did to win the game.

They are professional football players and if they couldnt suffer the heat then who is to blame for that ? Should they not be having at least a few days to acclimatise ? Should we be playing a style of football that lets the ball do the work and keep the running to a minimum ?

The only performance that was unacceptable was Norway away, to be fair we started the game really strong and were bossing it. Until Caldwell go sent off, was that Burley's fault that Caldwell got sent off ?

Fair point Fraser but we still lost 4-0. You cant get away from results in a results-driven business.

We can't have managers leaving every campaign, we need to stick with someone ! George has proved at club level that he was a brilliant manager, i think he has been really unlucky for Scotland. I think he has got his backroom team wrong though, need someone like Joe Jordan in there

So if that someone is shit we should stick with them just because we cant keep changing managers ? So we should have stuck with Bertie Vogts then ?

I think you are giving Burley far, far too much credit for his club level experience. He had one good season with Ipswich and 8 games with Hearts (against what must be said were the poorest OF sides in a long, long time !).

You have to remember that being a manager is not just about results (although you cant escape them) but also media relations, man management, team selection, formation, tactics, preparation. Burley has failed when it comes to results (regardless of just how "unlucky" you feel he has been he simply hasnt got the results needed), media relations, man management and, it could be said, preparation. In fact, some would say he also failed in selection, formation, tactics too.

If you think he has been "unlucky" who is to say that he wouldnt also be "unlucky" in trying to qualify for Euro 2012 ? At least Strachan had "luck" on his side......

Looks like Fraser against the World on this one

I think he does have a few good points though changing manager every time we fail cant be good for the team as our qualifaction years were under Roxburgh/Brown long term managers.

But on the other hand Burley played 12 games with Hearts did really well and then was sacked i am not sure that qualifys him as a great club manager.

In my opinion Burley will keep his job as if he was going to be sacked it would have happened last night and calling a meeting for next week on the issue gives the SFA time to make up a reason to keep him.

Peronally i think he needs to be replaced he knew when he took the job he would need to hit the ground running and get results this hasnt happened

and we would be taking a huge risk in giving him the wheel to try and qualify for the Euro's - is it a risk worth taking time will tell.

I for one would like to see Souness or even Strachan in the job but if he stays he must get the house in order and start getting results , get Boyd,Ferguson,McCulloch,McGregor back on side as how many Gers fans hate him for it if it was sorted he would get the backing of most Gers fans.

I honestly feel he is going to Stay though so be prepared.

Why not put the Burley thing to a poll ?

For starters McCulloch retired

Ferguson & McGregor are banned all together for representing Scotland

When the new manager is revealed if he's got any sense he'll press the SFA to have the suspension on Ferguson and McGregor lifted.

Like Craig says, Fergie won't be 1st pick nor will McGregor but both provide a better standard of backup than Marshall, Alexander or Hartley.

When the new manager is revealed if he's got any sense he'll press the SFA to have the suspension on Ferguson and McGregor lifted.

Like Craig says, Fergie won't be 1st pick nor will McGregor but both provide a better standard of backup than Marshall, Alexander or Hartley.

I thought most people on here were dissapointed that Alexander was dropped for us, so why should he be pappaed out for McGregor ?

Marshall had a great game last night

Maybe yes Ferguson in for Hartley, but that space is already there for Thomson

I thought most people on here were dissapointed that Alexander was dropped for us, so why should he be pappaed out for McGregor ?

Marshall had a great game last night

Maybe yes Ferguson in for Hartley, but that space is already there for Thomson

I think Gav means Graham Alexander not Neil Alexander.

If I were Scotland boss my 3 choices for Scotland GK would be Gordon, McGregor and Alexander (obviously difficult though as only one of the latter 2 will play regularly - still think Alexander is a better GK than Marshall though).

Again, Ferguson would be a better squad back up than Hartley. I bet there are other midfielders in the squad who BF is far better than too.

Marshall had a great game?

Why?

He's getting far too much credit for routine saves and having shots struck straight at him.

He had a reasonable/good game I guess, but of the shots he saved you would be disappointed if he hadn't and some he would actually have had to move right out of the way for Holland to score. Robben's howler a prime example.