tonights performance

Bad 25 minutes but after that very professional performance and really in the second half we could and possibly should have won it .

Considering that we have lost one of our best defender's and that one of our main midfielders has only played 26 minutes of combatitive football this was an excellent result .

Whittaker was excellent , Naismith was excellent Rothen was better than I ever imagined considering he was on the right wing all night .McCulloch I dof my cap as a stand in center half brilliant very composed , big Madjid get in there my son , mcGregor not a save to make second half ,

get the beers out very happy bear:spl::spl:r

Bill Leslie was pissing me off first half. As was Provan. After the goal it was all "the game's over if Stuttgart score again". Even though they rarely threatened for a decent period after the goal.

They found too much space between midfield and defence in the first half, but it was not quite as bad as the commentators were describing (although very poor).

I do think Stuttgart will feel mugged tonight, but at the end of the day, for all their early dominance, they didn't work McGregor enough.

Agree with your individual player comments. :thup:

Yes indeed a bad first 25 minutes, but as the game wore on we kinda limited stuttgart to striking the ball from distance at times in the first half before we awoke and realised that we were actually playing in the champions league!

2nd half was by far the best performance that we have put in when we were so far behind in a match but we have to believe that if we concede the first goal the game is far from over! and tonight we showed that and we got stuck in and im a very happy bear.

A very big well done to the rangers and the travelling support and a safe return journey to you all...

That was more or less the perfect European away game for me: we get rumped for the opening period by a superior side (be honest), work hard to even things out, and get due reward - and as one or two have said, almost sneak a win.

I agree with all the praise for the players, but I want to make a special mention for Walter. He gets pelters from so many for knowing nothing, not being able to change things, and so on. Well done the auld yin!

They ripped us apart for the first 20 or so minutes. They created a fair few chances but the goal they did get had a bit of luck about it.

The 1st half was very poor but what a turnaround in the 2nd half. We were excellent.

That must have been some rollocking WS gave them at ht, as it was total night and day performances.

I thought the defence had the confidence to step out a bit in the second half which closed down the space they had in the first half to create chances.

Naismith and Rothen were our standouts imo but a great second half performance by all :)

He said after the game he didn't say much to them, as he thought they had steadied the ship and were beginning to get it together.

I must say I was impressed by the attempts to pass the ball and only sometimes go long - a fair tactic with Miller at the other end. Really good.

Unbelievable. We looked timid and uncertain in he FH. No out balls were sticking up the park and Miller had one of his poorer games IMO. Too much space in front of the defence for me, KT was missing.

SH well what a difference. Didn't see the stats but had much more of the ball, much more creativity and looked busy and like a team who knew what to do. If I were Stuttgart i'd be saying "we're pish"

Excellent second half - gives me a bit of heart that does.

Stuttgart troubled McGregor with on the first minute and then scored later on. That is all

On the other hand Lehmann had two stops to make, we hut the post and scored as well !

Their goal had so much luck about it, Papac slipped and managed to get a good foot on it but came off them !

Brilliant performance