Strange night all round

For a CL game it was a bit odd tonight don't you think?

Traffic/taxis/pubs not quite full-to-bursting.

Huge arch-shaped crowd in the Broomloan - so 'small game-ish' it was surreal.

Best singing/support we've had in ages outside of ra shellik games - bit mental seeing as we struggled to sell tickets and the popular belief that the Euro-Neds were going to be absent.

The atmosphere (to me), sounded like a 'not-full Ibrox' at a 'big' game for the first time in a long time. Took me back to the 80's in fact.

Songs starting in the Copland. WTF?

Aside from the humping on the field, I thought it was a strange old night.

Wonder what others think?

Fair point I think..

Was shocked to see quite a few empty seats considering the past few CL group games at Ibrox have been stowed and as you say it just didn't have that.. I dunno, feel to it.. dunno if the majority of fans expecting the worse had a lot to do with it and we haven't exactly been in barnstorming form leading into this.. just wonder if we'd grinded out a couple of away results in the league and stuffed the sheep if that would of helped the feeling around the place going into tonight but we'll never know.

Atmosphere was good in general and think the roof would of come off had we been awarded a penalty and converted.

Think I'm still just a bit baffled at the events on the pitch to be honest and can't even compile a coherent report of how the night as a whole was.

The proverbial game of two halves.

At half time, I could not see a five goal second half.

A 1-4 humping was harsh, but hey that is what the score board said. Two Refereeing decisions in thirty seconds gave Seville their opening, it was a corner to us, Ref awards a bye-kick. I did not think it was a free kick from the bye-kick, but again it was awarded and their delivery was exceptional. They got the breaks and exploited it fully.

The breaks do not disguise bad cross field passing that allowed a high pressing Seville team to constantly intercept in the second half and finish in a most clinical fashion.

I suppose the best reference point is Juve in the 90s, it was deja vu all over again.

We were possibly beaten by the over all better team though only after an hour and dubious ref decisions. The fact that Spanish and English teams get a helping hand has just been further cemented in my opinion.

Even if Naismith did stumble before the tackle(I don't know if he did) then it was still no guarantee he would have gone down. The tackle from the defender guaranteed that he did go down. The ref couldn't have had a more clear view.

If he won't make important decisions he shouldn't be a referee.

it didn't sound right on the telly. it reminded me of a few seasons ago - i cant remember who we were playing, but it was under eck and michael ball was playing - just seemed so subdued and unexpectant.

I thought the atmosphere was good last night. Not at all subdued. a lot different from, say the Lyon home game, when everything was subdued and it was as if everyone texpected us to lose.

The team and the fans were definitely up for it last night.

I thought the atmosphere was good last night. Not at all subdued. a lot different from, say the Lyon home game, when everything was subdued and it was as if everyone texpected us to lose.

The team and the fans were definitely up for it last night.

must just have been the telly, and me projecting my own fears onto the world around me. i miss hello hello, just for the aggressiveness and intimidation of it. i think maybe the wind just went out the sails in the second half.

Bit odd for me as i spend my games in the Broomie, but for the champions league games i am next to my Uncle in the East Enclosure, right next to the tunnel. What a seat it is, get to see the game from a different view, right close up to the action. Sat there a good few times for Old Firm games etc, but the atmoshere is different, i don't know what it is, the Broomie is better in that sense, which is why i enjoy sitting there.

Back in the Enclosure for Sunday's game, get to shout abuse at Monkey Heid !!!