I don't want to dwell on last night too much longer. It's too frustrating. But that said we can't deny it was ultimately a bad result (in terms of how it looks on our record if not in absolute terms of it's effect on our European ambitions).

If ever we wanted to pick a game to get our season back on track after a shocking run of results, an opportunity to get the weight of the support behind us, we could not pick a better game than an Old Firm match at Ibrox.

The other side of that coin is that should we lose it could put a serious dent in our season and perhaps stop us before we even get going. However, you can not approach sport like that. You cannot duck challenges. You cannot be motivated by a fear of failure. Rather it is the desire to succeed that should be motivating the Rangers.

Last year we proved we were the best side in the country by securing a leageue championship and cup double. By surrending top spot and falling 4 points off the pace this early on we have already somewhat surrendered that status. After this shocking run of form with only a victory over lowly Queen of the South in the month of September, it is time for our players to show us what they are made of. To demonstrate that they really are top dogs in Scotland. To show that a small amount of success has not dampened their desire for more, not sated their competitive desires.

McGregor is in form. Bougherra is the best footballer in the country and is one man who is never beaten. Who never knows when to quit. Many of the rest of the team may have capitulated after Sevilla's first, but this weekend they are up against far inferior opposition than the Spanish outfit.

Play like we did in the first 50-60 minutes. Avoid being screwed over by the officials and I am confident we will emerge victorious. One thing you can guarantee about an Old Firm game is that the form book goes out the window, and for us that may be a good thing.

Failure to secure victory and not even I would be able to put a positive spin on it. Smith and the players have again led us to a position where we must win this Old Firm match. Otherwise we will be staring at a 7 point deficit early in the season.

The squad know what they have to do, no excuses.

I have a feeling we will give the soap dodgers a right good pumping on Sunday.

That will shut up some people on this board !!

Rangers 4 v 1 Celtic

Looking forward to a good day on Sunday at Ibrox

Edited by fraser54

I have a feeling we while give the soap dodgers a right good pumping on Sunday.

That will shut up some people on this board !!

Rangers 4 v 1 Celtic

Looking forward to a good day on Sunday at Ibrox

Hope you're right.

It's not about shutting people on here up (though I know what you mean), it's about getting Rangers back to where we belong and shutting the Tims up. :spl:

The other side of that coin is that should we lose it could put a serious dent in our season and perhaps stop us before we even get going. However, you can not approach sport like that. You cannot duck challenges. You cannot be motivated by a fear of failure. Rather it is the desire to succeed that should be motivating the Rangers.

I used to have that outlook with life in general not just football. However, things happen and you re-think your strategy. It's the same with football, we're playing poor right now and our results have been poor. I'm not full of optimism at all and I wonder why people can go about suggesting scorelines of 4-1 Rangers. People were predicting we'd beat Killie 3-0 and beat Aberdeen 5-0. Why? We're struggling to create enough chances to win a game 1-0 nevermind 5-0. If your team play well and score loads then you'd have every right to predict a 5-0 scoreline however, we're not!

I'm predicting a 2-1 home win on Sunday.

I used to have that outlook with life in general not just football. However, things happen and you re-think your strategy. It's the same with football, we're playing poor right now and our results have been poor. I'm not full of optimism at all and I wonder why people can go about suggesting scorelines of 4-1 Rangers. People were predicting we'd beat Killie 3-0 and beat Aberdeen 5-0. Why? We're struggling to create enough chances to win a game 1-0 nevermind 5-0. If your team play well and score loads then you'd have every right to predict a 5-0 scoreline however, we're not!

I'm predicting a 2-1 home win on Sunday.

So if we struggle to create chances away to Killie and away to Motherwell, how can you justify a prediction of 2-1 ?

I have a feeling that our team are about to click, i thought i was going to be last week against Aberdeen but i was wrong. On Tuesday night we should we can play some sily stuff, good passing movements and create chances, i also believe Celtic are absolute garbage.