Graham Spiers - 'Cowardly Rangers turn a blind eye to bigotry'

Yep. Just asking for a poll to see what folk think. Sick of coming on here and reading his pish. Granted I could ignore the thread but an outright ban would suit me better. We might even get in the papers for it from a friendly journo!

Fill yer boots mate! Poll away!!!!

TBH I'd vote against a ban, because Bears need to be aware of what is being written about them and our club. Just my opinion.

TBH I'd vote against a ban, because Bears need to be aware of what is being written about them and our club. Just my opinion.

It might not be such a bad idea to ban links to certain sites/writers ramblings or at least suggest not posting articles or links to articles from certain sources. I know that RM have done it with Scotzine, but then that's a bit different. I don't know tbh, but a poll would be interesting. It's where you draw the line though, since just recently Frankie himself posted THIS THREAD about a Daily Mail journalist called Michael Walker. We can't just ignore what's being written in the media about Rangers & Rangers fans. That really IS what you call burying your head in the sand!!

It might not be such a bad idea to ban links to certain sites/writers ramblings or at least suggest not posting articles or links to articles from certain sources. I know that RM have done it with Scotzine, but then that's a bit different. I don't know tbh, but a poll would be interesting. It's where you draw the line though, since just recently Frankie himself posted THIS THREAD about a Daily Mail journalist called Michael Walker. We can't just ignore what's being written in the media about Rangers & Rangers fans. That really IS what you call burying your head in the sand!!

Indeed - the same Michael walker mentioned in the statement;

In the case of the Daily Mail, there has been direct communication with Michael Walker to the effect that he has been "sussed" and Rangers fans will look elsewhere for objective reporting. Walker has responded stating he made efforts to contact the Assemby (no record of any contact) as well as Ally McCoist, The Police Service of Northern Ireland, Strathclyde Police, Nil by Mouth and a Celtic Supporters Group but only had responses from Souness and Strathclyde Police. He stated he did not get the balance right in his article and "..should have made reference to the tiresome and offensive nature of some of Celtic fans' chanting..". He stated he would be in touch if he returned to the same subject.

I've no preference as far as GersNet goes tbh because I also visit other boards. But if Walker writes this pish and nobody's allowed to link or paste it, then the GersNet community will not be able to discuss it or necessarily even be aware of it. Anyway, majority wins, I've said my piece!

One minute we should ignore him as he has no power (by power I mean number of readers). Yet we shouldn't act against him because of the cosequences.

Suggests that Speirs weilds a lot of power and we should tremble before him.

The yellow-belly loyal need to make it's mind up.

A few points:

1) It doesn't matter if we don't achieve our desired aim by banning Speirs or if things "worsen" (by worsen I mean Speirs underhand drivel being intensified). You do not act like a coward and take your (verbal) beating just because you are scared of the consequences. This guy is waging a ridiculous campaign against you and I. We don't just lie down and take it.

2) What will it acheive you ask. A few things:

a) Who will take seriously the opinions of a sports writer who hasn't even attended the sports event. b) Those fans not online, not aware of this poisonous man's agenda, when reading their daily record or sun will ask themselves, why is it Graham Speirs is banned from Ibrox. What has he done that is so repugnant. It spreads the word of this man's ills.

c) By banning him and his paper it may lead to either him getting the sack or hitting their sales and advertising and hence him getting the sack. It will also lead his paper to consider the agenda of their reporters and not printing biased diatribes.

d) It will also cause editors of other papers to consider their stance and the publishing of lies, mis-truths and uneven reporting.

I'm sure there's more. That'll do for a start.

3) We've tried the less aggressive ploys of ignoring him, not buying his paper and not tuning into his radio shows. Problem is the number of online fans boycotting him are outweighed by the fans who don't "know better" and hence we have achieved very little.

The man is a pointless and deranged individual and the turn-the-other-cheek bollocks is going to see his campaign continue unabated.

Grow some fucking balls Rangers.

Yep. Just asking for a poll to see what folk think. Sick of coming on here and reading his pish. Granted I could ignore the thread but an outright ban would suit me better. We might even get in the papers for it from a friendly journo!

I couldnt agree more. he probably gets more hits online by Rangers supporters than he does with punters in his paper.

In a roundabout way were part of the problem!

If it wasnt for people posting his crap on here i would be totally oblivious to the shite he spews.

That's what its all about mate.

Rangers need to sharpen up and smarten up. Do what they need to do then deal with it. Know how to deal with it - and keep dealing with it.

As the statement said; enough is enough.

The thing is, at least if the club did something to show they acknowledged the issue and weren't just ignoring the problem, even if it was a fairly passive move as Andy has suggested it would shut the likes of me and MF up for a bit. Well it might keep me quiet for a bit anywat. :D

Fill yer boots mate! Poll away!!!!

This is my opinion too - keep your friends close and your enemies closer and all that.

That said, cotter poll away my man. Would be interesting to see how it goes :D

The thing is, at least if the club did something to show they acknowledged the issue and weren't just ignoring the problem, even if it was a fairly passive move as Andy has suggested it would shut the likes of me and MF up for a bit. Well it might keep me quiet for a bit anywat. :D

If that was a genuine spin-off benefit then there's every motivation for us to all get behind it.

:devil:

I think this is appropriate to post in this thread. The pictures (click the thumbnails to view) are courtesy of someone on RM (sorry, don't know the 'original' source).

Spiers is being given a boxed Rangers scarf, supposedly by a 'Rangers fan'... something is wrong with this.... :(