i wouldn't say shite no, average but certainly not shite IMO.

when the player is our top striker/scorer and as it's goals that wins games then if he is playing then it makes sense (to me anyway) to play to the strikers strengths no?

yes boyd doesn't suit our style of play so WS must take some blame for that....

I agree. WS needs to find a style of play that suits Boyd but up until now he's refused to do that and it's hampered Boyds form this season.

I think WS needs to find a style of play that wins us games and ultimately trophies. If players were supposed to fit into Le Guen's system and pretty much every other manager, why can't they try to fit into Walter's?

Why should a manager be to blame for having a system that seems to work?

I agree with cal.

The manager is responsible for getting results. Football is a team game with XI players. The manager should NOT be finding a system to suit ONE player but one which gets the most out of the collective XI.

That said, Boyd's far better in a 4-4-2 and there are very few games domestically when we shouldn't be playing that formation. However, the 4-5-1 that seems to be preferred is still a 4-3-3 if you have the right personnel.

For instance, Novo has a great engine so could be deployed on the right of midfield but with remit to play slightly advanced of the true midfield - he assists Boyd as a 2nd striker but also has defensive duties.

FWIW, I think Boyd's link up play has been better of late and his first touch, dare I say it, has improved. He hasn't been scoring goals but neither have many of our strikers. When I said he has been shite this season it was only really said half-heartedly. Unfortunately Boyd gets judged on his performance AND his goals, whereas other strikers in our squad seem to only be judged on their performance.

I think WS needs to find a style of play that wins us games and ultimately trophies. If players were supposed to fit into Le Guen's system and pretty much every other manager, why can't they try to fit into Walter's?

Why should a manager be to blame for having a system that seems to work?

That's the thing though, is the system working? 7 Seven games played and already we've had three goalless draws, we're not top, we're not scoring enough goals, we're not playing well enough and we're sitting 2nd in the league.

We play poor with or without Boyd in all honesty.

That's the thing though, is the system working? 7 Seven games played and already we've had three goalless draws, we're not top, we're not scoring enough goals, we're not playing well enough and we're sitting 2nd in the league.

We play poor with or without Boyd in all honesty.

I would agree with that Gav. With or without Boyd we have been poor for the most part this season.

We have played 4-4-2 which most recognise is Boyd's strongest formation... and it hasnt worked. We have played 4-5-1 and it also hasnt worked.

I dont place much blame on any of the strikers, I think the midfield have been bereft of creativity and it is they who should take the brunt of blame.

I didnt see the Aberdeen or Motherwell games (was on a training course and on holiday) but the Killie game was awful to watch. We created next to nothing in that game - so it wouldnt have mattered what formation or who played up front we would still have struggled to win.

I dont place much blame on any of the strikers, I think the midfield have been bereft of creativity and it is they who should take the brunt of blame.

I didnt see the Aberdeen or Motherwell games (was on a training course and on holiday) but the Killie game was awful to watch. We created next to nothing in that game - so it wouldnt have mattered what formation or who played up front we would still have struggled to win.

A couple of important points there.

Whoever the striker is, if the players behind him aren't performing it's difficult for any of them to do much, whether that's Boyd, Miller, Lafferty or any other.