Rangers Donate 1200 CL Tickets to Armed Forces

Yeah, there will be plenty mate... Plenty of active army barracks as well as RAF, Royal Navy bases etc...

If the forces don't fill the 1200 seats it'll leave room for criticism as to why the 1200 tickets weren't divided up because they could have given 600 to local schools or something like that.

Comment by member GCL on another Gers board -

This has really upset the filth. They are circulating pictures of injured afghan children and the like with our club crest on them or slogans attacking us and the armed forces. Must have forgotten who there chairman is if that is there angle......

Looks like the gesture is having the desired effect then.... :devil:

Graham Spiers on Radio Snyde:

"The main reason Rangers are selling these returned tickets is because there will be empty seats if they don't"

What a fanny! I cannot stand that runt! Taking a great gesture and turning it against us .

Graham Spiers on Radio Snyde:

"The main reason Rangers are selling these returned tickets is because there will be empty seats if they don't"

What a fanny! I cannot stand that runt! Taking a great gesture and turning it against us .

We arent selling the tickets, we are giving them away.

Regardless of whether that is the case or not (and to be fair, it was my first take too - the seats will be empty anyway as the rest of the ground isnt a sell-out, so why not fill them with folks deserving of it) i dont see any other team (outside of Hibs) showing the same type of generosity as we have.

I am emailing snyde to inform them of my disgust at speirs comments and that i will never listen to their station again.

It is a smear and a slur against so many who serve our country so well.

I strongly urge everyone to do the same.