I am writing to you to vent my utter disgust at the comments of Mr Graham Speirs regarding Rangers fantastic guesture in giving 1200 tickets to members of the armed forces for the forth comming CL game next tuesday.

To dismiss the guesture by ranting that "The main reason Rangers are selling these returned tickets is because there will be empty seats if they don't"

I would like to point out to Mr Speirs that The tickets are infact free and are a gift to the servicemen for their services to everyone in this country.

Mr Speirs callous remarks are nothing new to those who support Rangers. But he has managed to reach a new low this time round in yet another attempt to slander the name of Rangers Football Club by disrepecting those who defend and serve our country so well.

It is a disgrace that you should give this cretin a platform to utter such ramblings.

It was not long ago that your very own Mr keevins dismissed the debate on the famine song with the statement that "The irish are a proud people"

I can assure you sir that the Scottish and indeed the british are a proud people and do not take kindly to Mr Speirs ilk or to those who give a platform to those of his kind.

I for one will never listen to your show again

your show is a damned disgrace sir.

I hope you all do the same.

A bit angry for me, tbh. Something like this;

Dear Sir/Madam/Tai g

Could you tell me, please, whether the opinions of Graham Spiers on your phone-in programme of 15/10/09 are reflective of station policy on the 'tickets for soldiers' story, and if not whether you intend to issue a statement distancing yourself from those opinions?

Given the sensitive nature of the subject - which I feel sure you will agree, goes beyond mere football banter, and can't be dismissed so lightly - I would be most interested in your reply.

Yours sincerely,

a portly gentleman

They can ignore vitriol, but if you ask a question they are bound to reply. If that reply is an empty, standard response you know where you stand, and have ammo to use against them.

I am writing to you to vent my utter disgust at the comments of Mr Graham Speirs regarding Rangers fantastic guesture in giving 1200 tickets to members of the armed forces for the forth comming CL game next tuesday.

To dismiss the guesture by ranting that "The main reason Rangers are selling these returned tickets is because there will be empty seats if they don't"

I would like to point out to Mr Speirs that The tickets are infact free and are a gift to the servicemen for their services to everyone in this country.

Mr Speirs callous remarks are nothing new to those who support Rangers. But he has managed to reach a new low this time round in yet another attempt to slander the name of Rangers Football Club by disrepecting those who defend and serve our country so well.

It is a disgrace that you should give this cretin a platform to utter such ramblings.

It was not long ago that your very own Mr keevins dismissed the debate on the famine song with the statement that "The irish are a proud people"

I can assure you sir that the Scottish and indeed the british are a proud people and do not take kindly to Mr Speirs ilk or to those who give a platform to those of his kind.

I for one will never listen to your show again

your show is a damned disgrace sir.

I hope you all do the same.

Well done for a fine letter and for showing us the way ..... a letter sent to the enemy in protest is worth ten shared between friends. I'm going to follow your example and send a few words of my own right now.

One comment like this on a Radio show few people listen to and we're sending them emails about it? Personally, I think radio snyde will be delighted with this sort of reaction because it gives them something controversial to talk about. It should take more than this to warrant such actions because reactions like this will actually cause Rangers fans to tune in & listen to this sort of rubbish. It's one thing reporting what's been said or written, but it's another thing altogether to pen irate complaints about trivial comments. In other words, what about a complaint with some real substance, something really worthwhile, rather than approaching petty?

Edited by Zappa

One comment like this on a Radio show few people listen to and we're sending them emails about it? Personally, I think radio snyde will be delighted with this sort of reaction because it gives them something controversial to talk about. It should take more than this to warrant such actions because reactions like this will actually cause Rangers fans to tune in & listen to this sort of rubbish. It's one thing reporting what's been said or written, but it's another thing altogether to pen irate complaints about trivial comments. In other words, what about a complaint with some real substance, something really worthwhile, rather than approaching petty?

I see where you're coming from but, like many people, I only really have two choices - do nothing or do what I can. I've never actually knowingly listened to Radio Clyde, I live a long way from its broadcast area, but I've listened to enough bears to understand the problem and that it's just another exaample of a wider media mission, sponsored by the same group of people.

I tend to write a lot of direct emails and letters, largely because I can and because there doesn't seem to be any other effective way to get my feelings across, such as an active RST.

I think Gisabeer is absolutely right to add to the only collective voice we have. Sure, they may not listen, they may even relish the reaction, but we've seen enough evidence these last ten years or so that doing nothing certainly isn't going to help. The more who actually use their voice, like Gisabeer, the better.

To be fair, Shroomz, if you believe that the army in Afghanistan is actually defending Britain (something I have an issue with), you're going to consider comments such as this as a bit above petty.

Can I ask in passing, what's the mood on Gersnet regarding debating the club getting involved in such gestures? Is it taboo?

Can I ask in passing, what's the mood on Gersnet regarding debating the club getting involved in such gestures? Is it taboo?

I think it's brilliant. Regardless of what I personally think of unionism, it en-nobles the aspects of the stereotypical Rangers political position that are normally open to deconstruction. It says 'patriotism' rather than 'nationalism' etc. Celtic have been excellent at playing this game. Their bizarre and vitriolic politics are completely rebranded as leftism, and standing with the oppressed, time and time again.

Excellent move, in my opinion.