To be fair, Shroomz, if you believe that the army in Afghanistan is actually defending Britain (something I have an issue with), you're going to consider comments such as this as a bit above petty.

I think anyone with any portion of intelligence is going to realise that these comments are petty regardless of whether you agree with the war or not. Who-ever's fault the war is, even with the most cynical of the war's motivations, it's not the army's fault or bad motives. The army should be celebrated especially when fighting an unjust war because it's our collective fault they're there. They go where they are sent. Where we send them.

In a Spiersian-Celtic universe you can't seem to seperate support-for-a-war from support-of-the-army, which is among the stupidest things I've ever heard.

I didn't mean the move itself, I meant talking about it. Having seen debate on it go down...poorly elsewhere, I thought I'd ask first.

Sorry man, I'm being dense :(

Do you mean is this something that's up for debate?

I think everything's got to be. You only get further my trodding unlightly on the sacred :D

cheers,

barry bataille :fish:

andy,

Debating the merits, or otherwise, of the reasons the British army are in Iraq and Afghanistan is most certainly up for debate.

Feel free to post your thoughts in the "Bluenose Lounge" which is where the non-footy chat exists.

There will be plenty of interest in such a topic as I know Gribz, Shroomz and myself discuss these types of things from time to time.

I say well done Rangers and anyone in the Mhedia who doesnt like thius gesture can go Feck thereselves as far as i am concerend

There is loads of Rangers fans in the Armed Forces so why shouldnt the club

be allowed to do a goodwill gesture and give the tickets to the people defending this country.

One of my pals is a sergent in the Army and gets pissed off when Rangers do gestures like this as his beloved Celtic wouldnt dream of giving away tickets to the British Army.

We had a small article in todays Metro about us giving the tickets away and in the same paragraph , "Meanwhile Celtic have donated �£10,000 to War Child"

there "love us dept" must have went into meltdown and thought of something to try and get in on our headlines and publicity.

As for Radio Clyde i used to listen to it Religiously but it has nose dived in the past 5 years and i cant be arsed listening to it all the pundits do my head in

especially Guidi,Johnston,Martin dont mind Andy Walker funnily enough as he just tells it like it is , Spiers isnt worth writing about , i will always remember

when Walter Smith brought them all down a peg at a press confrence with something like "Peter, howz your football show with no football on it" lol was priceless.

Saturday footy on the Radio is very poor now,only live on Radio Scotland as far as i am aware.

andy,

Debating the merits, or otherwise, of the reasons the British army are in Iraq and Afghanistan is most certainly up for debate.

Feel free to post your thoughts in the "Bluenose Lounge" which is where the non-footy chat exists.

There will be plenty of interest in such a topic as I know Gribz, Shroomz and myself discuss these types of things from time to time.

Apologies for not making myself clear; I was talking about overt non-footballing actions by the club, and whether or not you agreed with them. But I think the answer would be the same anyway, so thank you for that. I'll have a go in the Bluenose Lounge.

A great gesture by the club, and no surprise tha the talentless Rangers hating Spiers has a go. He just cant help himself.

No surprise either that Clyde are fully supportive of him and his poison. It would seem a marraige (civil partnership surely!!) made in timmy heaven, and thankfully is easily avoided.