Value for money?

Simple really, is watching Rangers value for money?

Again, another inept performance at the weekend but, more importantly we still won.

Personally, apart from the odd exception, I wouldn't pay to watch Rangers this season. We're not being entertained on the pitch! These guys are on thousands upon thousands of pounds per week yet haven't been deserving of it since the Hearts game.

It's a big NO from me.

As someone who was a seaso ticket holder from 84 till 2007 , yes and unfortunately I cannot see it getting any better .Partly our fault poor scouting , no vision and preparation when we were well on top , and partly the league we are in .

However no matter what league we are in there is no excuse for the way we play the majority of times , from set play's to general movement at times we seem a million miles off , must be the management and that is no cheap dig I mean that

Absolutely not. Anything over ten pounds is overpricing Scottish football, Old Firm included.

That's roughly what they pay in Germany to watch matches in the Bundesliga, which is higher quality than the SPL, but the German clubs are obviously passing on a nice slice of their huge TV rights income to their fans by doing so & that is something which is never going to happen here. Even the EPL down south aren't giving their fans reasonably priced tickets despite being rolling in cash from TV rights.

That's roughly what they pay in Germany to watch matches in the Bundesliga, which is higher quality than the SPL, but the German clubs are obviously passing on a nice slice of their huge TV rights income to their fans by doing so & that is something which is never going to happen here.

Makes you wonder who did best out the war, sometimes.

Even the EPL down south aren't giving their fans reasonably priced tickets despite being rolling in cash from TV rights.

But then, they have created the huge interest amongst a new market (women, families, more middle class people) who can afford the tickets and are seemingly happy to be ripped off; we have no comparable market and are just sucking the money from people who have been going for years anyway...and who should probably use the money to better purpose, in all honesty. Scottish football needs to decide whether it is going to ferociously target the middle class, family, audience: in which case, we'll see more Spiers-type coverage to drive out the traditional audience, or stick to the base customer, in which case the price has to come down.

Or there's the 3rd way, where a traditional audience is charged super-modern prices, and the games withers away into an irrelevance.

I know I said a tenner earlier, but I suppose for 2 hours 'entertainment' I could grudgingly stump up $15, but not a penny more.

�£22 to watch the champions of Scotland play a match against the Division 1 Champions in a nice wee all seater stadium in beautiful Perthshire is not too bad.

It is the �£38 to watch the Champions of Scotland play a sectarian Irish mob in a meccano set of a ground with poor visibility, a dreadful sound system, and a turgid smell coming from the masses who cheer of terrorists and applaud the war dead, that is a really tough one.