Value for money?

encourage families? stop ripping off the fans when they go to get something to eat for a start.

9.60 for two hot dogs and coke is outstandingly extortionate. a family of four at two adult and two kids tickets = 66.00. add on 19 quid to that for refreshments = 85 smackers.

hope to hell my wife and daughter dont start to come games as well as me and the boy!

encourage families? stop ripping off the fans when they go to get something to eat for a start.

9.60 for two hot dogs and coke is outstandingly extortionate. a family of four at two adult and two kids tickets = 66.00. add on 19 quid to that for refreshments = 85 smackers.

hope to hell my wife and daughter dont start to come games as well as me and the boy!

OMG, you have my sympathy there mate.

In principal, attracting more "families" is a good idea, I mean why not? More of anybody is good for revenue....but that's the thing... it's only about money (as was clearly stated).

What about what fans actually want? Maybe in 50 years football will be a family sport like baseball. But at the moment, it's not and most of the people I know who are amongst the people who keep the game alive don't want it to be. So I hope these guys at the SPL and elsewhere know what they're doing and have calculated the risks. Because they are definitely there.

And also, I must say; the idea that the SPL will plant people in the stands and no doubt put pressure on clubs who have a low 'rating' (based on the fan profile the SPL has unilaterally defined as being 'desirable') is beyond belief.

I mean, how ridiculous is that?

It's a sad day for football that fans, sorry customers are even asking this question. :(

That comment actually makes me wonder how ST holders at smaller clubs than ours feel in the SPL & also down south. The majority of football clubs in the SPL & EPL don't have ANY chance of winning their league & the best their fans can hope for is the occasional win/upset against a big club, a rare run to a cup final or a slim chance of making it to a European fixture or two. It shows a mighty amount of dedication & loyalty to their club that they spend what they do on season tickets. Big clubs like ours on the other hand, are challenging for the league title practically every year, guaranteed of European football practically every year & making it to cup finals on a regular basis & yet it's not good enough?? Obviously we're spoiled rotten! If people think that even the biggest clubs in the EPL thrash lower league opposition week in week out, they're not paying attention to football because that's not the case. Even the top 4-6 in the EPL often struggle to beat lower quality teams despite having some of the best players in the world. If I'm not mistaken, we've just seen a weekend where Chelsea & Liverpool were beaten while Man U struggled to scrape a win against Bolton.

In a word, no.

It's not the price, it's the product. And that's more than just the football on the park, althought that's probably 90% of it. It's also the eternal sanitising of the songs, the sit-down-shut-up attitudes, the police cameras on everyone, the ticket office chaos, and so much more. I used to be that I could see no wrong in anything at Rangers and in a few short years I've been so turned off with the lies and endless decline that I seldom make the effort any more. I wish it wasn't like this, it wasn't in previous lean times when I hardly ever missed a game, but when the club means so much to you it's hard to take the bollocks of recent years.

It pretty much costs the same to go and see the MK Dons in League One as it does Rangers and the food is just as extortionate if not more. Then you have far lesser quality players, some REALLY shit games (even the good games are really just relative) and no major silverware - or even promotion last season.

The question is not "is Rangers worth it?", it's "is football worth it?"

Rangers is definitely better VFM than the Dons and most other clubs in the UK.

The food is only extortionate if you buy it :thup:

Stop being a greedy bassa gisabeer and eat before you go to the game, then wait till after the game before you eat again. Give your son some stale bread and dirty water, he will be just fine :fish:

Seriously though, those prices are astronomical. That said, the only way they drop them is if people stop buying them. Have a burger or hot dog from one of the stalls outside the ground instead - how much are they ?

It pretty much costs the same to go and see the MK Dons in League One as it does Rangers and the food is just as extortionate if not more. Then you have far lesser quality players, some REALLY shit games (even the good games are really just relative) and no major silverware - or even promotion last season.

The question is not "is Rangers worth it?", it's "is football worth it?"

Rangers is definitely better VFM than the Dons and most other clubs in the UK.

What is the average salary in and around MK by comparison to Glasgow/Central Belt of Scotland ?

Not trying to be facetious. Whilst talking about relativity in terms of quality we should, surely, also be considering relativity in terms of disposable income to attend games ?

I agree and disagree.... I think that "is Rangers worth it" and "is football worth it" are BOTH valid questions.

I watched Leeds v Norwich last night and was extremely impressed with the standard of football between both teams. Obviously there's shit games too but up here, you're getting more shit games than decent ones. From the Rangers games I've watched this season, I could count on one hand with 3 fingers missing how many times I've been impressed with the standard.

I'm not convinced that wages and cost of living vary across the UK as much as is made out outwith London.

Sure maybe at the upper end you can maybe earn more in london with london-weighting or allowance or whatever they call it. But shite wages are shite wages wherever else in the country you live.

I seemed to pay as much/more for a room in a flat in Glasgow as mates paid to rent a house in other parts of the UK.

I'm not convinced that wages and cost of living vary across the UK as much as is made out outwith London.

Sure maybe at the upper end you can maybe earn more in london with london-weighting or allowance or whatever they call it. But shite wages are shite wages wherever else in the country you live.

I seemed to pay as much/more for a room in a flat in Glasgow as mates paid to rent a house in other parts of the UK.

Cheers.

Was a genuine question as I dont know. If that is the case then you can ignore the relativity of salary as it is like for like.