The guy has spent a shit lot of money since he came back, and look at the team we have. The guy has now had 3 years to turn things around, and from what i can see, we now play worse football.

Please go!

But still felt the need to reply. :confused:

Why shouldn't I? Any chance you get you're coming away with this sort of stuff. You've got a right to post it & people have a right to reply in whatever way they want as long as it's not against forum rules.

Why shouldn't I? Any chance you get you're coming away with this sort of stuff. You've got a right to post it & people have a right to reply in whatever way they want as long as it's not against forum rules.

It wasn't really contributing to the thread mate.

It is difficult to say though.

Our bread and butter is the SPL and WS seems to know how to get the job done there. Our finances are such that we almost NEED to win the SPL again this year.

If we end up replacing WS with a PLG again then it will be the death knell of the club. Sure, we could get a Sir Awex but at this juncture it would be a coin-flip as to what we get. "Better the devil you know as the one you dont" ? Possibly.

I didnt want WS back in the first place but I WILL give him credit where it is due and he turned our club around from struggling to get 2nd place to being very strong challengers for the league, for getting us to a UEFA final, for getting to the final of every domestic tournament since he came back.

He steadied the ship.

Something isnt right but I, for one, look to the players as much as the management team to lay responsibility. That team are SHITE with what looks like little professional pride.

WS has to take some of that responsibility too but once those players step over the white line there is little else that can be done for them.

It is difficult to say though.

Our bread and butter is the SPL and WS seems to know how to get the job done there. Our finances are such that we almost NEED to win the SPL again this year.

If we end up replacing WS with a PLG again then it will be the death knell of the club. Sure, we could get a Sir Awex but at this juncture it would be a coin-flip as to what we get. "Better the devil you know as the one you dont" ? Possibly.

I didnt want WS back in the first place but I WILL give him credit where it is due and he turned our club around from struggling to get 2nd place to being very strong challengers for the league, for getting us to a UEFA final, for getting to the final of every domestic tournament since he came back.

He steadied the ship.

Something isnt right but I, for one, look to the players as much as the management team to lay responsibility. That team are SHITE with what looks like little professional pride.

WS has to take some of that responsibility too but once those players step over the white line there is little else that can be done for them.

He steadied the ship before sailing the ship towards a huge iceberg! He's sinking our club.

It was almost sunk before he walked through the door Gav, you cant deny that.

I think some of us need a real dose of reality. We are very much the poor relations in Europe these days. CL football is a bonus for us.

It says as much about the SPL as it says about us tonight - we are apparently the best that the SPL has to offer and we were completely outclassed by a team who were put together on less money than we spent on Lafferty.

I am gutted as much as the next person but I almost anticipate these kind of results these days, sadly.

I am not saying WS should go or, indeed, he should stay. He is responsible for this debacle, in part (as I say, the players have to take a sizeable portion of the blame too though) and he possibly should go.

But if he goes, who do we get in to do the job ? And don't say Dan Petrescu because, in case you hadnt noticed, he is contracted to a Champions League team and, as such, we would have to pay his contract out and we simpley dont have the money to do it.

I just dont know who there is available that is better.

The sad thing for me is that we have the players, IMO, to win that type of game comfortably - but they simply arent playing well enough, with no drive, no determination, no passion, no will to impose and no effort to work hard. And that is the responsibility of the players themselves. Why the fuck the manager should need to motivate experienced internationals to be "up for it" is beyond me.

The guy has spent a shit lot of money since he came back, and look at the team we have. The guy has now had 3 years to turn things around, and from what i can see, we now play worse football.

Please go!

I fully understand your frustration. The Seville game we could brush off as one of those things. Getting beat, but the game was not a 4-1 loss.

Taking tonight in isolation. 3 deflected own goals. How do you blame the manager for that? I dunno.

But take the games together and even I admit the arguement is weak.

Regards the point on wasting money. �£4mil on Lafferty? �£2mil on Miller (who has been a reasonable signing in all honesty) when we already have an identi-kit player?

Hard to argue that point.

Fucking shambles.

Smith will more than likely win us the league this year.

Tonights match/result is a disgrace in it's own right. Coming right after Seville. :confused:

Bollocks.

The big name players who get an easy ride; Davis, Lafferty (notice a link here?) Mendes, Miller (apart from me and MF :devil:). Get your fucking finger out.