The sad thing for me is that we have the players, IMO, to win that type of game comfortably - but they simply arent playing well enough, with no drive, no determination, no passion, no will to impose and no effort to work hard. And that is the responsibility of the players themselves. Why the fuck the manager should need to motivate experienced internationals to be "up for it" is beyond me.

I threw a line back in Craig's face before that the manager lives and dies by his results (or similar), so no doubt people could do that to me here.

But answer his paragraph there. That line sums up Rangers atm and I don't see how our 2nd most succesful manager ever takes the lion's share of the blame. I don't need motivating to play 5's on a Monday, motivation to hit the gym, or motivation to win a game of fucking tiddlywinks, why would a professional fucking athlete need to be told how to go out with a competitive fucking attitude? :ffs:

The funny thing is, we, at this very moment are trying to gain entry in the the EPL... I hope to fuck there was no one from the FA watching that disgrace tonight! We'd get laughed all the way back to Glasgow!

The chick made that point tonight and she knows jack about football.

The funny thing is, we, at this very moment are trying to gain entry in the the EPL... I hope to fuck there was no one from the FA watching that disgrace tonight! We'd get laughed all the way back to Glasgow!

Fortunately those that run the SPL (Rupert Murdoch? :devil:) are not so short-sighted to base huge decisions on one bad result. Though no doubt this idea will gain a lot of mileage in the red-tops.

In any case, currently, Craig is right.

Edited by Super_Ally

See if we got relegated this season, would people still harp on about how WS took us to the UEFA Cup Final?

Surely the tedious shite about the UEFA final must take second place to the tedious shite about "steadied the ship". How do these phrases manage to leap off the tabloid pages and enter Rangers mythology with such ease? There is no fukking ship and there is no special commodity called "steadying" so can we drop this cliche before it turns everyones brain to stone.

For everything Walter Smith has done right, he has done at least as much damage in the process. If this team is the product of Walter's "steadying" then we are even more fukked that I thought .... and believe me, I certainly do think we're fukked.

Whittaker, Lafferty, Thomson, McCulloch, Miller, Mendes, and the latest greatest hero to zero, Jerome Rothen. Just some of the dross that Smith has brought and then sapped every ounce of confidence from. They were dreadful on Saturday against the SPL minnows and just to show it wasn't a fluke, they were consistently shite tonight against Europe's minnows. Walter's boys couldn't control a ball, couldn't spot a pass and certainly couldn't execute it, couldn't tackle, couldn't defend, couldn't take the ball past a defender, had no sense of position .......... is there anything I've missed.

When you've been back as long as Walter Smith has, spent as much money as Walter Smith has, and are still turning in displays like Walter Smith's team has, then it really must be time to look in the mirror and admit .... "it's way too late to hide behind talk of steadying any ships"

Fortunately those that run the SPL (Rupert Murdoch? :devil) are not so short-sighted to base huge decisions on one bad result. Though no doubt this idea will gain a lot of mileage in the red-tops.

In any case, currently, Craig is right.

Surely you meant to say one bad result after another.

Surely you meant to say one bad result after another.

Fair point I guess. But you know what I mean. Do you think great business minds and captain's of industry (no, not David Murray :rolleyes:) will make a knee-jerk reaction on that based on bad results? they don't care about individual results or a bad run, they care about money making potential. And for the EPL and Sky, the money making potential of Rangers is enormous.

Fair point I guess. But you know what I mean. Do you think great business minds and captain's of industry (no, not David Murray :rolleyes:) will make a knee-jerk reaction on that based on bad results? they don't care about individual results or a bad run, they care about money making potential. And for the EPL and Sky, the money making potential of Rangers is enormous.

We need to abandon false hope and forget about the EPL. It isn't happening. No one is going to make money out of Rangers and we will not see players of the calibre we had in the 1990's again for a very, very long time. All we can hope for is to become much better at our current level. Even without EPL money, Rangers should still be the best team in Scotland and should still be capable of producing teams like those I watched in the 60's and 70's. That means having much better management in the board room and in the playing side. In the end, there is no other way forward. People say we cannot get a better manager than Walter Smith, that's got to be bollocks, the notion that Walter is the very best that Rangers could attract.

We cannot compete in the transfer market but we can compete for good managers - not managers on the very top shelf maybe but we keep getting outplayed by teams with less experienced managers and with supposedly lesser players and even smaller budgets. Something ain't right. The game has changed but we're still playing by the old rules.

We need to abandon false hope and forget about the EPL. It isn't happening. No one is going to make money out of Rangers and we will not see players of the calibre we had in the 1990's again for a very, very long time. All we can hope for is to become much better at our current level. Even without EPL money, Rangers should still be the best team in Scotland and should still be capable of producing teams like those I watched in the 60's and 70's. That means having much better management in the board room and in the playing side. In the end, there is no other way forward. People say we cannot get a better manager than Walter Smith, that's got to be bollocks, the notion that Walter is the very best that Rangers could attract.

We cannot compete in the transfer market but we can compete for good managers - not managers on the very top shelf maybe but we keep getting outplayed by teams with less experienced managers and with supposedly lesser players and even smaller budgets. Something ain't right. The game has changed but we're still playing by the old rules.

I agree we wont go to the EPL, I was just disagreeing with the reasons why.

Unless i'm more drunk than I realise and I did in fact start this debate. :confused: