Ive swayed back and forth on the WS argument but after 2 CL home results like that along with the recent awful domestic performances (3 x 0-0's and a painful win against St Johnstone) Id say surely his job has to be on the line and the board should be looking at it seriously.

I dont know about others fans but I'm actually a bit worried about Hibs coming to Ibrox on Saturday as they are probably playing the best football in the SPL at the moment.

Not since the mid 90s have we suffered embarrassing CL thumpings, but at least back then it was thumpings from Ajax and Juventus - 2 sides who won it in 95 and 96. Can anyone see seville or the Romanian's go on to finals this season?

A good point was made on another thread about players being dragged down by WS. Whilst I wouldnt say this was individually its all down to the system WS attempt to play.

If Gareth Southgate can get the sack last night for being 1 point off the top of the Championship after a win by the most loyal chairman in British Football then WS's current run has to be in question.

I don't see how anyone can defend Smith.

Sure the players are equally to blame but that shouldn't be a reason not to change a manager who refuses to change the team or his tactics.

Reminds me of the latter stages of Advocaat's era.

Sure the players are equally to blame but that shouldn't be a reason not to change a manager who refuses to change the team or his tactics.

It certainly looks like the end of something. Unfortunately we don't appear to have the leadership to do anything about it and total collapse seems likely, again. Twenty years of Murray and we're right back where we were before Souness arrived.

See if we got relegated this season, would people still harp on about how WS took us to the UEFA Cup Final?

And I think if he won the domestic treble, the quadruple, the Super Cup and World Club Championship, you'd still be complaining.

However, only one of those statements is true.

Except we're top of the league instead of 10 points behind, and not �£70 in debt with a load of wages we can't afford.

Actually, it's nothing like it at all is it?

Except we're top of the league instead of 10 points behind, and not �£70 in debt with a load of wages we can't afford.

Actually, it's nothing like it at all is it?

You're defending a guy who was responsible for us taking a 4-1 home defeat off the 4th seeded team in our group?

Just to clear things up in my head.

It certainly looks like the end of something. Unfortunately we don't appear to have the leadership to do anything about it and total collapse seems likely, again. Twenty years of Murray and we're right back where we were before Souness arrived.

What, in 5th place and only a league cup every couple of years? Perhaps you need to re-aquaint yourself with Rangers history.