Me missing the big picture again

I'll join in all the Walter, Rangers, McCulloch bashing threads throughout the week, but going to make another point that will be lost as we discuss the big issues.

Late on in the game I could clearly hear a chorus of "We love you Rangers we do".

These are the people who make me proud to be a Rangers fan.

Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate accepting mediocrity. What I am saying is that real fans are the one's who are there through the good and the bad (again no attack on fans who could not afford to go today, I was not able to attend the game).

No football club has a right to win. Just because we are fans of the Rangers and are used to winning and probably think we have a right to win, does not make it the case.

Yes many in that team are not worthy of the wonderful support that many of us give (many of you more so than me at the minute :o). But when some of these charlatans have left the club, we will still be there, through thick and thin.

One of the lines in one of my favourite Rangers songs goes "and at the end of the day win or lose we all follow on".

It is the fans that make this club great. Not the euro neds, not the glory supporters. But the guys who really hurt after nights like tonight. Not guys who hurt because their ned pal supports Celtic, Hibs or Aberdeen, but the guys who just hurt because Rangers got humiliated in Europe. The guys who never want to see that again and will turn up to the next game and sing their heart out to cheer their team on to victory.

Fuck the other teams fans. Fuck the SPL. Yes it was a terrible result for Scottish football, more importantly for Rangers. We will come through this though and we will emerge a stronger club because of our great fans. :rfc:

Edited by Super_Ally

Why not mate?

Pm?

Defiance in the face of an utter drubbing isn't being loyal and it's nothing to be proud of. It's misguided and unhelpful. I see it all the time from the moronic tartan army, who have now turned defeat into a celebration.

We were dreadful and not for the first time either. It's become the norm. From every angle, the club is already in disarray and decay, we need to face that and defiance isn't the right way to go about it. It's not intended as trumpet blowing but you know I've been saying for a long time that the decline would be steep and we would continue to slide unless new ownership emerged to turn us around. That's not on the radar at the moment and we are in real danger of suffering such decline that we will never recover. That's far too serious to address by singing defiant songs.

I didn't reply because it seem so important to you to shake your fist at adversity.

I was absolutely fuming at the boo's ringing round the stadium, then when a cross came in McGregor caught it and some fans start going wahey in a sarcastic manner. Now what is that all about, that is just very sad, McGregor couldn't do anything about the goals and he made a cracking save during the game !!

Yes we were rubbish tonight (again), i can see why the boo's get made but don't agree with it at all. These are the times when the players need us most, not when we are going to Manchester etc, the tough times.

Through thick & thin.

Well done to all like myself who stayed until the end.

I was absolutely fuming at the boo's ringing round the stadium, then when a cross came in McGregor caught it and some fans start going wahey in a sarcastic manner. Now what is that all about, that is just very sad, McGregor couldn't do anything about the goals and he made a cracking save during the game !!

Yes we were rubbish tonight (again), i can see why the boo's get made but don't agree with it at all. These are the times when the players need us most, not when we are going to Manchester etc, the tough times.

Through thick & thin.

Well done to all like myself who stayed until the end.

I don't know where you get your optimism from Floppy. ;)

Defiance in the face of an utter drubbing isn't being loyal and it's nothing to be proud of. It's misguided and unhelpful. I see it all the time from the moronic tartan army, who have now turned defeat into a celebration.

We were dreadful and not for the first time either. It's become the norm. From every angle, the club is already in disarray and decay, we need to face that and defiance isn't the right way to go about it. It's not intended as trumpet blowing but you know I've been saying for a long time that the decline would be steep and we would continue to slide unless new ownership emerged to turn us around. That's not on the radar at the moment and we are in real danger of suffering such decline that we will never recover. That's far too serious to address by singing defiant songs.

I didn't reply because it seem so important to you to shake your fist at adversity.

Fair enough.

I tried to make the point that it's not about accepting mediocrity, nor "shaking your fist at adversity".

But the people that really make the Rangers great are not those who stream for the exit when we're getting beat. Not those who stump up the money for the "glamour" games. Not those who only revel in success but distance themselves in defeat.

The people who will help to continue to make Rangers great are in fact people like yourself. :flipa: People like Cammy. People like UCB.

People who are so consumed in the betterment of Rangers that they spend their time on internet forums, attending meetings and writing to supporters groups to do their part in driving Rangers forward.

Whether some of these effort are futile or not is not the point. It is the fact that we have these fans making these efforts.

Who do you think these fans are? The ones who turn up drunk on a couple of Wednesday nights and boo if we get beat. Or the one's who attend when they can (afford it) and who do not turn their backs on the club because of a bad result or performance no matter how much it disgusts them.

Edited by Super_Ally

I am utterly ashamed to say this , but for the first time ever in over 30 years I left early , we were utterly useless , no shape , no desire , no tactical ability .

The basic's of passing and movement , the ability to recieve and give a pass whilst aware of what is happening around them is totally alien to this bunch of players . Yes we may be able to do it for small spells of certain games but we lack the basics and that is where we fall short in the training department .

Walter may be and probably is a legend but he is also a dinasour , his belief that , and I quote " tactics are overrated , modern players just need a good enviroment to play in " , utter pish , but that's his beliefs , he is the man who has spent over �£20 million on this team

Fair enough.

I tried to make the point that it's not about accepting mediocrity, nor "shaking your fist at adversity".

But the people that really make the Rangers great are not those who stream for the exit when we're getting beat. Not those who stump up the money for the "glamour" games. Not those who only revel in success but distance themselves in defeat.

The people who will help to continue to make Rangers great are in fact people like yourself. :flipa: People like Cammy. People like UCB.

People who are so consumed in the betterment of Rangers that they spend their time on internet forums, attending meetings and writing to supporters groups to do their part in driving Rangers forward.

Whether some of these effort are futile or not is not the point. It is the fact that we have these fans making these efforts.

Who do you think these fans are? The ones who turn up drunk on a couple of Wednesday nights and boo if we get beat. Or the one's who attend when they can (afford it) and who do not turn their backs on the club because of a bad result or performance no matter how much it disgusts them.

The people who made Rangers great were actually people like Wilton, Struth and Symon .... and some of our more enlightened directors .... and the teams who played for them. Take their achievements away and there wouldn't be anyone sitting in the stands. Rangers are a football club and, while it might be comforting to think so, success isn't measured by how staunch the fans are or how long we sit it out when the chips are down. In my experience, Rangers fans are actually as fickle as any and I've seen plenty of times when Rangers fans voted with their feet.

BTW, I'm told there's booing these days at some away games - you can't describe those guys are part time fans.