Me missing the big picture again

I was absolutely fuming at the boo's ringing round the stadium, then when a cross came in McGregor caught it and some fans start going wahey in a sarcastic manner. Now what is that all about, that is just very sad, McGregor couldn't do anything about the goals and he made a cracking save during the game !!

Yes we were rubbish tonight (again), i can see why the boo's get made but don't agree with it at all. These are the times when the players need us most, not when we are going to Manchester etc, the tough times.

Through thick & thin.

Well done to all like myself who stayed until the end.

You are an example to all supporters; that's what being a gers fan is all about. But it's also about pride - and we just cannot accept that level of performance. And not just a freak result, either. St. Johnstone and Motherwell should have beaten us.

The people who made Rangers great were actually people like Wilton, Struth and Symon .... and some of our more enlightened directors .... and the teams who played for them. Take their achievements away and there wouldn't be anyone sitting in the stands. Rangers are a football club and, while it might be comforting to think so, success isn't measured by how staunch the fans are or how long we sit it out when the chips are down. In my experience, Rangers fans are actually as fickle as any and I've seen plenty of times when Rangers fans voted with their feet.

BTW, I'm told there's booing these days at some away games - you can't describe those guys are part time fans.

very very well put , we need to remember we are meant to be a football club first and all the other stuff isn't really important in the bigger picture as far as I am concerned

You are an example to all supporters; that's what being a gers fan is all about. But it's also about pride - and we just cannot accept that level of performance. And not just a freak result, either. St. Johnstone and Motherwell should have beaten us.

So too should Killie.

These players should have seen those performances and realised they were not acceptable and they would need to significantly increase the work-rate. They didnt seem to want to, or care enough to - both of which saddens me.

I can accept a sub-par performance so long as the effort is there. But I cant accept a sub-par performance where the players simply dont seem to care

The people who made Rangers great were actually people like Wilton, Struth and Symon .... and some of our more enlightened directors .... and the teams who played for them. Take their achievements away and there wouldn't be anyone sitting in the stands. Rangers are a football club and, while it might be comforting to think so, success isn't measured by how staunch the fans are or how long we sit it out when the chips are down. In my experience, Rangers fans are actually as fickle as any and I've seen plenty of times when Rangers fans voted with their feet.

BTW, I'm told there's booing these days at some away games - you can't describe those guys are part time fans.

Having more money and time on your hands doesn't make you more of a fan either.

Or does boing when the team need supporting make you more of a fan?

If i was Walter, wait it wouldn't suprise me if Walter done this.

But locked them all in a room for a good few hours and just tore right into every single one of them !

Last year i thought the players wearing the shirt knew what it was about ! It seems like they have became alienated !

They are living our dream, im sure McCoist & Durrant wouldn't have been best pleased. We have 3 Rangers men there who will drum this in to them ( well i hope so ).

Get them into the training ground, get the basics right and lets see what happends.

Having more money and time on your hands doesn't make you more of a fan either.

Or does boing when the team need supporting make you more of a fan?

I just think you should worry less about what fans are doing in the stands and more about the performances on the park and why they are becoming worse and worse over time. Forget which fan has the moral high ground, it's a pointless diversion from the real issues at hand.

Edited by maineflyer

I just got in from the game

and i am in a very depressed mood after watching that embarasment of a peformance by Rangers

We had no shape , no leader , no balls , no skills

we got taken to the cleaners by a team 5th in the Romainian League another embarssing result to put in our cap.

Tonight we are once again the laughing stock of Europe.

and our champions league dream looks to be in tatters again.

This goes down as the worst European game i have ever been to i dont ever remember such a gutless and heartless peformance from any set of players who has ever graced the Ibrox turf.

I sang and shouted myself horse during the game but after goal number 3 i did find myself booing with frustration i have never booed the Gers before but watching that tonight was heart breaking stuff and it hurt to watch , so as much as i wanted to join in with the Blue Order in there last ditch attempts at creating some support and atmosphere by then we had concedeed no!4 and i couldnt muster the words , the blue order are fantastic but sometimes i find them guilty of blind faith as how they couldnt be hurting watching that tonight baffled me.

As much as i blame Walter and his dire ultra negative tactics i also blame the players tonight as not 1 player got pass marks in my book not 1, we have conceded 8 goals at home in 2 champions league games which is a disgrace as much as i would like change i know its not going to happen so this is the way its going to be under Walter, my mate swears if Smith is in Charge next season he is handing his ticket of 14 years back to Rangers and i cant blame him i might follow his lead to.

Its going to be a long season.