I understand what Gav is saying and it is right in that fans are annoyed Alexander was dropped having done nothing wrong.

That said, our team is so fragile at the moment that the LAST thing we need is to be chopping and changing players who are actually playing well. FFS, almost the whole team is playing poorly and we are suggesting dropping one of only 2 players who are playing consistently well ??? You couldnt make that up.

McGregor and Papac are the only two who are playing decently at the moment and, therefore, they should be the only two who are safe from being dropped.

And when not playing well to drop the keeper would, IMO, just add more fragility to an already unstable group of players.

I understand what Gav is saying and it is right in that fans are annoyed Alexander was dropped having done nothing wrong.

That said, our team is so fragile at the moment that the LAST thing we need is to be chopping and changing players who are actually playing well. FFS, almost the whole team is playing poorly and we are suggesting dropping one of only 2 players who are playing consistently well ??? You couldnt make that up.

McGregor and Papac are the only two who are playing decently at the moment and, therefore, they should be the only two who are safe from being dropped.

And when not playing well to drop the keeper would, IMO, just add more fragility to an already unstable group of players.

I'm not suggesting dropping McGregor, I'm just questionning his place in the team.

My Team Would be

GK A.McGregor

CB D.Weir

CB M. Bougherra

CB S Papac

LW S.Naismith

CM S Davis

CM K Thomson

AM J Fleck

RW N Novo

CF K Boyd

CF K Miller

i reckon this team would give Hibs a doing , but its too attack minded for Walters liking :(

My Team Would be

GK A.McGregor

CB D.Weir

CB M. Bougherra

CB S Papac

LW S.Naismith

CM S Davis

CM K Thomson

AM J Fleck

RW N Novo

CF K Boyd

CF K Miller

i reckon this team would give Hibs a doing , but its too attack minded for Walters liking :(

Was going to post a 3-5-2 but Bougherra is out so that would mean putting McCulloch there.

Id have Beasley in for Naismith and Lafferty for Boyd then go with that.

Was going to post a 3-5-2 but Bougherra is out so that would mean putting McCulloch there.

Id have Beasley in for Naismith and Lafferty for Boyd then go with that.

Forgot about Bougherra.

No Chance of a 3-5-2 then.

With Bougherra, Mendes and Thomson all out it really restricts our options and will probably be a case of who is fit and slotting them in wherever.

From the bbc site the matchday squad for tomorrow is;

Rangers (from): McGregor, Whittaker, Papac, Weir, Smith, Naismith, Davis, McCulloch, Rothen, Novo, Lafferty, Boyd, Miller, Loy, McMillan, Fleck, Beasley, Alexander.

Reluctantly I would go with

:am:

:sw: :dw: :sp: :ss:

:sn: :lm: :sd: :db:

:kl: :kb:

I really dont see where we are going to create anything from that centre midfield unless Davis really pulls out a performance which we haven't yet seen this season, as McCulloch only goes backwards and Beasley has been disappointing and Naismith seems to have lost his early season spark.

This is why I have went with two big strikers as I think our best chance is to get the ball in to them early. I am fairly happy with the defence, but it could be a long afternoon not for the purists but lets just get the 3 points and start the re-building of the confidence.

Tannoch, considering the option that isn't the worst team. However, with the lack of creativity in midfield that you have highlighted I would rather see Novo than Beasley as the Spaniards willingness to take a man on, his non-stop workrate and endeavour to drive us forward may be on of the few ways of producing anything.

Edit: Started this thread as a reaction to Tuesday night.

Locked it to keep match chat in Fraser's thread. Anyone disagrees and I'll look at unlocking this. Just pm me. :thup:

Edited by Super_Ally