Shroomz,

The Trust, naturally, wants to see Rangers fans become shareholders in the club. That's one of it's core objectives. Given that the current situation is sooooo dire, now is exactly the time for Rangers fans to get involved in shareholding. I wouldn't recommend anybody spends their last �£1 on Rangers shares ATM, but the opportunity is there. There's nothing wrong with inviting fans to get involved in share ownership at a time when the club is about to change hands to persons unknown IMO.

It's worth remembering also that the Trust facilitates a scheme which actually puts its members' money INTO the club. The Trust would like to do more of that, not for the benefit of the Trust, but for the benefit of the club.

Raising cash to buy new shares in Rangers is what the Trust is about so I'm unclear about why you think this doesn't help the club?

Of course using the club problems as a means to recruit is an opportunity too good to miss for a Trust. I wouldn't criticise you for that. ;)

Unfortunately, people need something to attract them more than that convoluted statement. GerSave is a wholly worthy initiative (and under-subscribed unfortunately) but that alone won't bring in new members who want to future of the club safe-guarded.

What people will subscribe to is leadership during hard times...

Edited by Frankie

Shroomz,

The Trust, naturally, wants to see Rangers fans become shareholders in the club. That's one of it's core objectives. Given that the current situation is sooooo dire, now is exactly the time for Rangers fans to get involved in shareholding. I wouldn't recommend anybody spends their last �£1 on Rangers shares ATM, but the opportunity is there. There's nothing wrong with inviting fans to get involved in share ownership at a time when the club is about to change hands to persons unknown IMO.

It's worth remembering also that the Trust facilitates a scheme which actually puts its members' money INTO the club. The Trust would like to do more of that, not for the benefit of the Trust, but for the benefit of the club.

Rasing cash to buy new shares in Rangers is what the Trust is about so I'm unclear about why you think this doesn't help the club?

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick here UCB, but I fail to understand how fans getting involved in shareholding right now actually helps the club's predicament. The club needs to sort out the debt that Lloyds are unhappy about & despite the lack of information available it seems perfectly clear that only a major investor or group/consortium of investors' can sort that out. The club needs money & a lot of it, not small numbers of shares being transferred from shareholder to shareholder, which I don't comprehend the point of at this time. :confused:

Of course using the club problems as a means to recruit is an opportunity too good to miss for a Trust. I wouldn't criticise you for that. ;)

Unfortunately, people need something to attract them more than that convoluted statement. GerSave is a wholly worthy initiative (and under-subscribed unfortunately) but that alone won't bring in new members who want to future of the club safe-guarded.

What people will subscribe to is leadership during hard times...

Frankie - we all know that when the shit hits the fan at Rangers and the Trust stands up and bashes the club that we attract members. You'll see that that's not what's being done here, though.

It would be STUPID of the Trust to remain silent or not to draw attention to it's fundamental aim at this time! It would be pointless not to do that. It's a fast-moving situation and the trust wants people to take responsibility (if they are in a position to) and register as shareholders, there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

If people heed that call, you will see leadership emerge in ways we haven't seen before from ordinary Rangers fans. That's my belief anyway.

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick here UCB, but I fail to understand how fans getting involved in shareholding right now actually helps the club's predicament. The club needs to sort out the debt that Lloyds are unhappy about & despite the lack of information available it seems perfectly clear that only a major investor or group/consortium of investors' can sort that out. The club needs money & a lot of it, not small numbers of shares being transferred from shareholder to shareholder, which I don't comprehend the point of at this time. :confused:

Hi again mate. Let's get down to basics here.

The more Rangers fans (wealthy or otherwise) who decide to put money into RFC - via whatever channel - at this point in time is a good thing. If none do, and some f*cker turns up and buys the club from under our noses will may regret if for the rest of our lives - depending on who it is, of course.

Numbers + money = strength if fans want to get involved in football clubs. It's as simple as that and I don't know what else to say tbh. If you don't believe it's a worthwhile cause I respect that, and hopefully you'll like whoever owns our club next.

As Shroomz says though UCB - any purchase of shares goes to the current shareholders - it is a transfer of funds from one shareholder to another and that money does not go to pay off the bank.

The only way I see it assisting with the debt payment (admittedly havent spent much time mulling it over) is if SDM has waived his shareholding and any shares being bought by fans (or anyone else) is going to the bank instead of going to SDM. We dont know that is the case though.

However, for example, if I buy 100k GBP of shares from, say, maineflyer, then that money goes to maineflyer and NOT to RFC to pay off its debt.

BD, does the company have a float of shares that are available ?

The more Rangers fans (wealthy or otherwise) who decide to put money into RFC - via whatever channel - at this point in time is a good thing. If none do, and some f*cker turns up and buys the club from under our noses will may regret if for the rest of our lives - depending on who it is, of course.

Numbers + money = strength if fans want to get involved in football clubs. It's as simple as that and I don't know what else to say tbh. If you don't believe it's a worthwhile cause I respect that, and hopefully you'll like whoever owns our club next.

Thanks for breaking it down for me UCB, but I'm still not really getting it. Surely the club won't actually get any money to satisfy the bank with from the fans buying shares from existing shareholders? I'm under the impression that the current situation is basically one of the majority shareholder & other major shareholders not being willing or able to satisfy Lloyds' demands regarding the debt & that unless someone steps in who IS willing & able to satisfy Lloyds, then the club are in deep poo. Am I missing something that you're suggesting which is going to help this situation?

BD, does the company have a float of shares that are available ?

There are the shares that were unsubscribed from the last rights issue. I believe that they can be issued without too much trouble under, for example, the Gersave banner, although the RST board seemed to suggest that this might now be time-barred at their AGM.

I think that there's about 5.8 million shares available.

Not the best statement as has already been pointed out. A bit wooly.

A pro-active action plan is required, but given the lack of facts available, it's probably a bit too difficult. I guess the RST are in a difficult position of wanting to say something but being unable to do much as it's too early.

There are people out there who could galvanise things and contact high rollers, but some of them possibly wouldn't get involved with the Trust after the events of last year.

Perhaps something may emerge similar to an unpublicised scheme that was investigated last year but didn't get anywhere.

Would the Trust be prepared to get involved with something where they weren't the lead partner? They have showed a definite reluctance on a number of matters over the past 12 months. It will be interesting to see if they do now if the opportunity arises.

I'd agree with that.