Frankie - we all know that when the shit hits the fan at Rangers and the Trust stands up and bashes the club that we attract members. You'll see that that's not what's being done here, though.

It would be STUPID of the Trust to remain silent or not to draw attention to it's fundamental aim at this time! It would be pointless not to do that. It's a fast-moving situation and the trust wants people to take responsibility (if they are in a position to) and register as shareholders, there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

If people heed that call, you will see leadership emerge in ways we haven't seen before from ordinary Rangers fans. That's my belief anyway.

Fair enough but what. I am saying is that you need to show people what you are prepared to do before they buy into the organisation. You have not done that in that statement IMO.

Will be online later to expand further as only on phone right now.

There are the shares that were unsubscribed from the last rights issue. I believe that they can be issued without too much trouble under, for example, the Gersave banner, although the RST board seemed to suggest that this might now be time-barred at their AGM.

I think that there's about 5.8 million shares available.

So, just assuming that those 5.8 million were to be bought by fans through the RST BD, what would that amount to & actually mean for the club? You're talking about 5-6% shareholding valued at less than �£2.5m right? I'm still a bit confused as to how this can help the club's current situation. Help me out. :confused:

So, just assuming that those 5.8 million were to be bought by fans through the RST BD, what would that amount to & actually mean for the club? You're talking about 5-6% shareholding valued at less than �£2.5m right? I'm still a bit confused as to how this can help the club's current situation. Help me out. :confused:

Yes, it would be around 5% of the shareholding. It could help the club's current situation by lessening the debt, but it's not going to have a significant impact.

It depends on the price paid though.

The likelihood is that any purchasers of shares would pay market rate which is the figure Shroomz mentioned. However, football fans are a funny old bunch....

Would fans be prepared to pay, say 5 quid a share for SDM's shares so long as the share proceeds went to paying off the club's debt and, at the same time, rid us of SDM as a shareholder ? maineflyer would :devil:

Fair enough but what. I am saying is that you need to show people what you are prepared to do before they buy into the organisation. You have not done that in that statement IMO.

Will be online later to expand further as only on phone right now.

I know mate but there's only so much you can say at one time. Plus hints are moving fast as we can see so options need to kept open at this stage. Different information keeps emerging evey day so it's not always easy to even work out what's going on until you've had time to digest and check things. You know what it's like!

Also on phone btw :D but can still do smilies I think

It depends on the price paid though.

The likelihood is that any purchasers of shares would pay market rate which is the figure Shroomz mentioned. However, football fans are a funny old bunch....

Would fans be prepared to pay, say 5 quid a share for SDM's shares so long as the share proceeds went to paying off the club's debt and, at the same time, rid us of SDM as a shareholder ? maineflyer would :devil:

Craig, I thought that latest club statement tonight was basically saying that all of the MIH shares are available to buy at 10p per share?? If so, then it's the chance to buy the majority shareholding for about 25% of it's share price. Is that right??

Not the best statement as has already been pointed out. A bit wooly.

A pro-active action plan is required, but given the lack of facts available, it's probably a bit too difficult. I guess the RST are in a difficult position of wanting to say something but being unable to do much as it's too early.

There are people out there who could galvanise things and contact high rollers, but some of them possibly wouldn't get involved with the Trust after the events of last year.

Perhaps something may emerge similar to an unpublicised scheme that was investigated last year but didn't get anywhere.

Would the Trust be prepared to get involved with something where they weren't the lead partner? They have showed a definite reluctance on a number of matters over the past 12 months. It will be interesting to see if they do now if the opportunity arises.

maybe loyds are studying the SST report;)

Craig, I thought that latest club statement tonight was basically saying that all of the MIH shares are available to buy at 10p per share?? If so, then it's the chance to buy the majority shareholding for about 25% of it's share price. Is that right??

Afraid not Shroomz. The statement made tonight merely quotes the "par value" of the shares. Par value bears little resemblance to market value.

If you created a company you have the option of what the par value (or "face value") of the shares is. As the initial owners of the company when it first issues shares you will buy your shares at that price (not always the case though as you can also pay a "premium" - if you pay a premium you are effectively capitalising the company).

All that statement said was that the company has 10.9 million of paid up share capital (109 million shares at 10 pence a share). It doesnt mention what the shares are actually available for.

The 10 pence share price is an irrelevant number for the most part.