Danny Wilson starts against Dundee

Aye your post mate, there are a couple of genuine ones though...

Probably but everyone's being wanting to see this guy given a chance and now he has his chance tonight some are saying it's the wrong time?

These young players could flourish tonight.

People seem to think the worst ie bringing in a new manager right now would prove to be a negative effect on the squad. Why? Get the young lads playing, they might surprise.

::brick:

no-one's said it's the wrong time. the only person who could remotely have been said to have implied it is me. and even then i just said it's going to a tough environment to finally get your chance. which it is. :|

no-one's said it's the wrong time. the only person who could remotely have been said to have implied it is me. and even then i just said it's going to a tough environment to finally get your chance. which it is. :|

Is any game easy though?

The boy has to start gaining experience somewhere/sometime.

Is any game easy though?

The boy has to start gaining experience somewhere/sometime.

i tend to think young players should be introduced systematically. they should know they're onto regular games in given circumstances. ie: if we're ahead by two with half an hour to go, they'll get on. or they're always going to get a game in the cup. ideally they would be introduced to a confident and settled eleven who can bolster their confidence. expectations should be kept systematically low because, unless they're a wonderkid, they're not going to do immensely.

as it stands we're turning to them in among all the blood and carnage of on and off-field pandaemonium like little pubescent messiahs, and that's why i don't think it's the ideal circumstances.

that said, i agree that they need experience somewhere, and i'd rather they had it than not. if danny wilson has a really big temparement this pressured context could be the making of him, but if not, it could put him back un-necessarily.

i think these are just the facts. i'm still happy we're playing him. but then i'm one of the fans who would be happy to lose the league for a few years to start a youth-revolution. :D

i tend to think young players should be introduced systematically. they should know they're onto regular games in given circumstances. ie: if we're ahead by two with half an hour to go, they'll get on. or they're always going to get a game in the cup. ideally they would be introduced to a confident and settled eleven who can bolster their confidence. expectations should be kept systematically low because, unless they're a wonderkid, they're not going to do immensely.

as it stands we're turning to them in among all the blood and carnage of on and off-field pandaemonium like little pubescent messiahs, and that's why i don't think it's the ideal circumstances.

that said, i agree that they need experience somewhere, and i'd rather they had it than not. if danny wilson has a really big temparement this pressured context could be the making of him, but if not, it could put him back un-necessarily.

i think these are just the facts. i'm still happy we're playing him. but then i'm one of the fans who would be happy to lose the league for a few years to start a youth-revolution. :D[/quote]

I know you're being tongue-in-cheek but by God do we need a youth revolution. Whether we end up in the EPL or Atlantic League it will all mean nothing if we don't grow our own.

I would be happy if we never bought another player for 5 or 6 years provided we had a good conveyor belt system. Even big spending English clubs introduce youngsters, often in the Champions League. Liverpool played a young right back in their tie recently.