*Latest Rangers Statement*, From London Stock Exchange

The guy's info on RM seemed credible enough apparently but I wouldn't put too much stock in what he said personally - essentially he reckoned the new owner will be announced today by noon...

Now that would be good. Whether it's King or whether it's a Souness led consortium the sooner Murray is gone and gone for good the better.

Now that would be good. Whether it's King or whether it's a Souness led consortium the sooner Murray is gone and gone for good the better.

Agreed - unfortunately, I doubt this will happen so quickly...

Could all depend on how close the wolf is to the door so to speak :whistle:

No, In my experience, buying a company isn't that quick or simple. Certain parties may already be privy to considerable information but, given the intricacy of the MIH involvement, I think there would need to be a considerable period of disclosure and evaluation - and I imagine it was precisely to facilitate this that Muir was brought on to the board recently.

My guess is that the midnight oil is already being burned but that, even so, another two weeks or so is the fastest anyone could reasonable move.

Interesting question posed on another forum regarding the sale of Rangers ..... but little information being presented in return...... any thoughts .......

Would the old Albion ground (car park) be part of any deal?

Would the old Supporters Association premises be part of any deal?

Would Auchenhowie be part of any deal?

Would land that Murray owns around the stadium be any part of that deal?

How about merchandising? Is that another Murray deal or do RFC wholly own the rights to that?

Catering? Who has that?

Rangers own Albion car park again IIRC so that should remain the case.

Rangers own Auchenhowie so that should remain the case unless MIH/Lloyds see the sale of that land as one way to realise money for sale/debt recovery.

MIH own Edmiston House and some of the landbank around Ibrox - doubt that would change, unless a cheap price can be negotiated - unlikely given club have no money.

Merchandising is outsourced to JJB/Umbro so I doubt that will be affected in the short term - although Umbro and Carling deals run out in the summer.

Catering is outsourced to Elior so can't see any changes there either depending on the contract.

Slightly different for ticketing which is outsourced to RHL (and MIH company).

No, In my experience, buying a company isn't that quick or simple. Certain parties may already be privy to considerable information but, given the intricacy of the MIH involvement, I think there would need to be a considerable period of disclosure and evaluation - and I imagine it was precisely to facilitate this that Muir was brought on to the board recently.

My guess is that the midnight oil is already being burned but that, even so, another two weeks or so is the fastest anyone could reasonable move.

While I doubt this will all be done by today, my info is that due diligence has been completed, and the interested parties have already spent �£250K going through the books and due processes.