Support the online petition to Lloyds Banking Group

Please sign and fire a warning shot across their bows - see if they like it up them.

http://www.petitiononline.com/gers52/petition.html

Please copy this across to all other forums and forward the link to every bluenose in your addressbook.

Wording of the petition:

We, loyal supporters of The Rangers Football Club, express our dismay at the apparent lack of support given by the Lloyds Banking Group to our Club. We appeal to your commercial good sense (to the extent that such still exists within your discredited, 43% state-owned company) to continue to provide Rangers with the necessary facilities to ensure our success. We will have no hesitation in calling for a nationwide boycott of all your brands should such support be withdrawn: Lloyds TSB, Bank of Scotland, Halifax, C&G, Black Horse, Intelligent Finance, Scottish Widows, Clerical Medical, Birmingham Midshires, Lex, St James's Place Bank, Insight Investment.

This is nonsense. There's no way I would sign this or encourage anyone else to sign it. What the hell do we want here, the status quo?

It wont bolster the status quo; it reminds Lloyds who have both a stake in the club, and the company who is underwriting the club's debt, that it matters. It makes them less likely to play games and hold out for a high price for their stake.

This is nonsense. There's no way I would sign this or encourage anyone else to sign it. What the hell do we want here, the status quo?

What we want to ensure is that Lloyds back off sufficiently to allow an orderly takeover without them forcing a firesale.

As the banner said: Simples.

maineflyer, I think that you are now 99.9% certain to get your wish of SDM gone. I think that is beyond reasonable doubt now. As boss says, this is about putting enough pressure on Lloyds to allow an orderly, and sensible, takeover of the club from interested parties.

Why are Lloyds accepting 25-40p on the pound for other debts but holding out for 1 for 1 with Rangers ? That lacks consistency.