Could Walter walk?

I know what the collective opinion is amongst our fans as regards the various sports writers up here, but over the last week, nearly all of the well known ones have come out and said that they seriously doubt whether Walter will stick around long enough to see the club under new ownership. Walter's clearly not stupid and his remark about Lloyds running the show was obviously intended to provoke the reaction that it has.

So are these journos all just jumping on the bandwagon, taking 2+2 (his comments along with the hard time he had at Everton during cost-cutting) to make 5, or are they basing their stories on info received indirectly from Walter? We all know that the Scottish football community is pretty small and there's no way to keep a story underwraps for too long before it leaks out.

On the one hand Walter clearly loves the club, hence why there has been mention that he'd continue to work without a contract. On the other, is his resignation maybe just his next planned step to force some sort of end-game from Lloyds, MIH and a prospective new owner?

I don't think he will walk away just now,although wouldn't blame him,he could be asked to leave, but even that I can't see happening until this mess gets sorted,if it ever does get sorted, but no I don't think he'll wlak

I can't see Walter walking away & leaving us without a manager when we're still in the cups & still doing fine in the SPL. Walter wants what's best for the club, not what's best for Walter so I think he'll ride out the storm taking each day & game at a time. If club is sold before Walter's contract expires, I'd still expect him to at least see out the duration of his contract & renewal of it would more than likely be based on how well we're doing. If we have mainly good results between now & the New Year, I can't see why any new owner/s would want to replace Walter.