Lloyds - Update from David Edgar (RST)

Cuellar and Hutton went - as did Ferguson previously.

The club may be sold before January but the price asked for it is important as the funds required to keep our operations viable will be a fair amount between January and the summer when the season ticket money comes in. If the club price is �£30million that leaves little room for manoeuvre so players may still be sold. If the price is less than that, then players may stay.

Cuellar and Hutton went - as did Ferguson previously.

The club may be sold before January but the price asked for it is important as the funds required to keep our operations viable will be a fair amount between January and the summer when the season ticket money comes in. If the club price is �£30million that leaves little room for manoeuvre so players may still be sold. If the price is less than that, then players may stay.

But the only way the price is less than 30 million is if players go anyway !

But the only way the price is less than 30 million is if players go anyway !

Depends if the pressure on the banks - apparently successful so far according to the opening post - yields a fair reduction in asking price from the bank - i.e. they accept King's bid of around �£20million.

� The bank are panicking

ââ?¬Â¢ Senior management are calling it ââ?¬Ë?a PR disasterââ?¬â?¢

� They want out soonest

� Bain is not involved in the day-to-day running of the club

� Muir is effectively running the club

� Muir is hawking players to clubs

WTF is he doing for his �£50k per month salary then?? :mad:

WTF is he doing for his �£50k per month salary then?? :mad:

Fighting the bank for the survival of the club apparently.

If he's doing that, then he IS involved in the day-to-day running of the club. It's got to be one or the other. Either he is or he isn't involved.

Two comments on the OP. All of you know I wouldn't post this unless I knew it to be true.:)

1. All of this was known before any petitions appeared or threats were made to close accounts. The bank wants its �£30m and will either get it by selling the club or by selling players and then the club.

2. Why is this great announcement reserved only for members of FF? Does the RST have a special relationship with that website?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

aQUOTE=maineflyer;174959]Two comments on the OP. All of you know I wouldn't post this unless I knew it to be true.:)

1. All of this was known before any petitions appeared or threats were made to close accounts. The bank wants its �£30m and will either get it by selling the club or by selling players and then the club.

2. Why is this great announcement reserved only for members of FF? Does the RST have a special relationship with that website?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Very very unfair comments maineflyer again you seem to have a massive chip about the RST , the same details were posted by contacts on this very site and bt Barrybaldy on Rangers Media both very reputable posters with no stain on their reputations for posting very reliable info .

We have both agreed that this is a massive he who dares blink first loses game and by the look of an article on surprise surprise the times on line it is the banks turn to fight back , but it does you no favours continually trying to win cheap points against the RST , as it does me probably no favours continually defending them

The RST will just have to put up with that; they have made their own bed and can hardly complain when people refuse to take them at face value. That's life.

Frankly I doubt the accuracy of the OP's statement. I don't know where he's getting his info from, but it sounds most unlikely.

Do you believe that Lloyds went into this position - that is, trying to sell Rangers off or the alternative with all the strings attached - completely unaware that Rangers are a fairly well supported team with a fanbase unlikely to react positively to such goings on? If you do, it doesn't say much for our 'brand awareness', so we can forget any stuff about us being a worldwide name that should be treated better!

I can't see that, though. They knew what the pros and cons would be from the word go, and they have decided that their current course is the best one. Now, I've signed the petition, I've arranged banking transfers - of a tiny amount, but we must do what we can - but I doubt if it's having the effect outlined in the OP.

Such a post is obviously waiting to be shot down in flames the moment Lloyds come out with a statement saying they can take no more, and have agreed to reconsider their demands. I ain't holding my breath.

1001 signatures on the petition. 200,000 in Manchester. A campaign could have the desired effect; but it will take a lot more than what's happened already.

In fact, and I may live to regret posting this, I think the OP is trying to encourage activism rather than reflecting reality.