No 'Well done Bain' thread?

I'm a bit surprised that the bald one's dignified boot in the baws for the War Criminal has gone unacclaimed - let me be the first to say well done, shiny.

It's had considerable recognition on certain other websites such as Vanguardbears. Martin Bain's response was quite superb and as you rightly say, he deserves every support for it.

It was well worded & he does deserve some praise for it!!

Exclusive: Rangers and Celtic in war of words over John Reid's 'cheap' shots

RANGERS last night rounded angrily on Celtic chairman John Reid - accusing him of aiming a volley of cheap shots at the Ibrox club.

The latest jibes came at Celtic's agm at the end of last week and after taking time to consider the behaviour of Reid, Rangers anger finally boiled over. And they claim Reid overstepped the mark when he described Rangers as a "boring crowd of Holy Willies".

They insist this comment, and perhaps one or two others uttered during Friday's meeting, broke an unwritten law between both clubs and feel certain chief executive Peter Lawwell wouldn't have indulged in such jibes.

Rangers, however, were left seething and claimed this wasn't the first time Reid had taken a pop.

And although they might be in the grubber right now Rangers stress their pride is intact and refuse to be belittled by other club officials.

They took calls yesterday asking if they thought Reid had contravened the SPL's code of conduct but chief executive Martin Bain refused to be drawn into a war of words.

He did, though, make it clear he and his club are furious and said: "In the past couple of years the cheap comments emanating from the chair at the Celtic AGM have been noticeable and attributable.

"It's disappointing as Rangers FC always show a level of respect for Celtic FC at these annual events.

"The pitch takes care of itself and off the field there has been a productive working relationship on a number of fronts.

"It's not surprising, however, and we will not become embroiled in offering opinion but maintain the dignity expected by those associated with Rangers .

"Our supporters and shareholders would expect this of the club."

First I had seen it - I saw the war criminal's "we decide the spending policy not the bank" statement and it was an obvious shot at RFC.

Good for Bain, to be honest, in taking the dignified stance but at the same time making it perfectly clear that Reid is point-scoring.

The hooped horrors will no doubt be delighted with Reid's petty point-scoring (when things aren't going well on the pitch it is always easy to point the finger elsewhere - deflect, detract and deny - typical politician's effort) but I much prefer our dignified approach.

Some will disagree with that but if the shoe were on the other foot, so to speak, I would have cringed had it been Bain coming away with such blatant petty, childish, point-scoring.

So..... andy_steel..... WELL DONE MARTIN BAIN (and I don't often say that !)

The hooped horrors will no doubt be delighted with Reid's petty point-scoring

Maybe, but apparently he's not that popular. No surprise there really though, since I doubt there's very many people who like him. Oh wait, I did hear something about Britney having a lot of time for him! :)

Well Done Martin Bain, and yes reid had a dig at rangers last year at their agm yet again and it wasn't before time that rangers spoke out against that wee war criminal scumbag! yes it was indeed a callous swipe at the financial state our club are in and he new fine bloody well what he was saying!!! Major deflection of whats going on at the scum dome.....

Actually most Celtic fans I've spoken to are quite unhappy with Reid's deflection routine... The irony of that is rather delicious.

FWIW, I quite enjoyed Bain's riposte as well. Subtle and clever which is exactly how we should react to such issues.