Rangers 2 - 1 St Mirren: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

I only heard bits of the game on the radio but I am encouraged to hear about improvements to Boyd's all round play. I hope he backs it up with consistency as we saw similar stuff last year but he couldn't keep it going

I thought this was about the easiest MOTM to pick all season.

Boyd's running, chasing, controlling, linking-up, bringing other players into the game, and finishing, is what we all keep getting told only Kenny Misser can do, but Boyd done that better on Saturday than Miller has done at any time in his Rangers career.

Only those looking for faults in his game can deny that, IMO.

Other good performances came from Fleck, who linked up well with Boyd up front in a surprise move by Walter, Wilson, another mature performance had bears saying Madjid who?, and McGregor, keeping up his fine recent run of form.

Disappointed with Naismith, Novo and Davis, who can all do much better than they showed us on Saturday.

Now if only we had managed to get the game finished at Tannadice we would be clear at the top again, and heap more pressure on monkey-heid.

Boyd's running, chasing, controlling, linking-up, bringing other players into the game, and finishing, is what we all keep getting told only Kenny Misser can do, but Boyd done that better on Saturday than Miller has done at any time in his Rangers career.

Only those looking for faults in his game can deny that, IMO.

Only Miller haters would say that. :fish: I could name a few games both last season and this when Miller has been better.

Some of Boyd's play was good, but some of his passing was poor and his work rate was only in line with others in the team, although admittedly better than it's been in the past. His finishing was average and a Boyd on the top of his game would have scored more.

Why don't we get this level of effort from Boyd in every game?

Hopefully he will continue this, but he's still got a way to go until his work rate is rated as more than acceptable.