Beaten by a make-shift Mark McGhee side ââ?¬â?? our embarrassing away form continues

I have been saying that for years now and to be honest i believe that PLG was trying to change that. Unfortunately the club decided they would rather watch 11 traffic cones stuck to one spot rather than give PLG time to finish the job.

Hopefully the next manager wants to play passing football.

I don't understand this obsession with PLG !!!, maybe if he had shown commitment to Rangers then Rangers might have shown commitment to him ?, anyway he's gone now so best we look forward IMO.

I totally agree Ian re PLG. I don't want to go over old ground but the guy was a massive failure at Ibrox and imo things would have been a hell of a lot worse right now - can they get much worse?! - if SDM had backed Le Guen over Barry that December. PLG is gone thankfully let's consign it to history

I totally agree Ian re PLG. I don't want to go over old ground but the guy was a massive failure at Ibrox and imo things would have been a hell of a lot worse right now - can they get much worse?! - if SDM had backed Le Guen over Barry that December. PLG is gone thankfully let's consign it to history

Never have I seen a contradiction so close together in terms of written prose ;) Things would be much worse with PLG here... but can they get much worse :fish:

Seriously though, and the PLG reign should be consigned to history, we simply will never know. I personally felt that PLG's stewardship started off very brightly with some very good performances (we could, and should, have dmeolished Motherwell at Fir Park about 6-1 and we got mugged by Dundee Utd in a 2-2 draw that was going on a 10-2 hammering - we did everything but score that day) but as soon as we dropped our first points (Dunfermline at East End Park in a 1-1 draw IIRC) the wheels fell off VERY quickly.

There were initial signs there that PLG could have been good for us, albeit very brief signs. However, the ultimate reality is that in his half season in charge we were struggling badly both performance and results wise. All the other Barry vs PLG etc makes not much difference. It happened and the buck stops at the manager. SDM had to stop the bleeding. Was it a case that PLG was under-mined by BF ? Who knows. But the buck stops at the manager and the results simply weren't good enough.

PLG most definitely contributed to his own demise by not pursuing the need for some physical defenders to stem the tide of goals we were leaking in that 6 months.

I don't understand this obsession with PLG !!!, maybe if he had shown commitment to Rangers then Rangers might have shown commitment to him ?, anyway he's gone now so best we look forward IMO.

When your striker scores and makes a salute about an exiled player then you're clearly not getting commitment from the club.

You know when something is wrong with the manager when loyalty to team-mates is seen as a bad thing...

Managers have to earn respect from the players and having spats with them while appearing dogmatic and unfair is not the way. Just ask George Burley.