Novo faces police probe

Agreed Gav, it is the society that we live in and not just an "offended Tim" mentality.

Abuse is hurled at the players yet as soon as they do something which is not even that offensive then they go crying foul to the authorities.

It is childish bullshit IMO.

Indeed it is Craig.

That wasn't my point.

Supporters give players abuse all the time. My examples were Lennon and Boruc. Novo gets it tight off opposition fans, Ferguson got it tight too. Just say Novo was being called a wee spick bastard off Celtic fans. Novo retaliaties by flicking them the old vickies. The fans then go away running to the police complaining about Novos behaviour.

My point was if fans can't take some abuse back from players AFTER they've verbally abused them then they shouldn't goto matches.

It's tedious and very immature from the fans.

I stand by my previous post. The players get paid (very well) to go onto the park and perform. The players should be able to take abuse (up to a point). They should not have the freedom to be abusive to fans just because they have received some abuse. We'd have players at it all the time.

The fans pay good money and should be able to abuse opposition players. It's what we do. However that doesn't mean the players are allowed to react.

Guest Macafelly
We were just as bad when it came to Lennon. We taunted him and when he gave us the fingers we ran to the cops. Same with Boruc!

It is pathetic. If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

I agree 100% mate, it's typical of some fickle football supporters and we have plenty of them.

Guest Macafelly
I stand by my previous post. The players get paid (very well) to go onto the park and perform. The players should be able to take abuse (up to a point). They should not have the freedom to be abusive to fans just because they have received some abuse. We'd have players at it all the time.

The fans pay good money and should be able to abuse opposition players. It's what we do. However that doesn't mean the players are allowed to react.

Bollocks, I don't care how much you get paid ~ at some point you will snap if you are being constantly abused.

Like others have said if you're prepared to give it out (as 99% of football supporters are) then you should be prepared to get it back.

Edit: In fact having read your last line again, I think you're fishing.

Pro footballers need to deal with abuse from their own team's support without getting involved in making gestures at them. Ok, they occasionally lose the plot & react, but it's generally considered as unprofessional & that they should be able to take the heat when it's on them. Novo takes a power of abuse from some of the SPL support in Scotland, but he knows better than to react in the way he did. It's a bit of a non-story though because it's not as if he mooned them.

Bollocks, I don't care how much you get paid ~ at some point you will snap if you are being constantly abused.

Like others have said if you're prepared to give it out (as 99% of football supporters are) then you should be prepared to get it back.

Edit: In fact having read your last line again, I think you're fishing.

Bollocks. So you are saying that the players should be allowed to do what they want in terms of gestures, if they receive any abuse?

I'm sure there's a line that the fans cross on a regular basis when verbally abusing opposition players on the pitch.

The Celtic fans sing to Novo that they know where he lives.

I believe that is encroaching into his personal life. With the previous Celtic fans have for smashing windows I'd be a tad scared of any incidents at my house with them.

I don't blame the players for reacting infact, I'd encourage them to do it more.

Fans are so fickle it's unreal!