Novo faces police probe

Guest Macafelly

Pathetic.

Why don't they spend their time looking for those that were singing about him being a homo?

Typical football supporters - abuse a player for the majority of the time that he's on the field then run to the police when he does something back.

Folk want to get a grip.

Pathetic.

Why don't they spend their time looking for those that were singing about him being a homo?

Typical football supporters - abuse a player for the majority of the time that he's on the field then run to the police when he does something back.

Folk want to get a grip.

We were just as bad when it came to Lennon. We taunted him and when he gave us the fingers we ran to the cops. Same with Boruc!

It is pathetic. If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

We were just as bad when it came to Lennon. We taunted him and when he gave us the fingers we ran to the cops. Same with Boruc!

It is pathetic. If you can't take it then don't dish it out.

So players should be allowed to taunt the supporters in any way they see fit?

These guys are PAID professionals. the support are not so I don't believe that the same rules should apply. Part of what they are paid for is how they react when under pressure from opposition players and support.

Lennon and Boruc were quite rightly warned for their conduct as I'd hate it if they got away with it (although in Boruc's case it was insufficient but that's a different topic). I guess I can't complain if the same rules are applied to Novo.

So players should be allowed to taunt the supporters in any way they see fit?

That wasn't my point.

Supporters give players abuse all the time. My examples were Lennon and Boruc. Novo gets it tight off opposition fans, Ferguson got it tight too. Just say Novo was being called a wee spick bastard off Celtic fans. Novo retaliaties by flicking them the old vickies. The fans then go away running to the police complaining about Novos behaviour.

My point was if fans can't take some abuse back from players AFTER they've verbally abused them then they shouldn't goto matches.

It's tedious and very immature from the fans.

Agreed Gav, it is the society that we live in and not just an "offended Tim" mentality.

Abuse is hurled at the players yet as soon as they do something which is not even that offensive then they go crying foul to the authorities.

It is childish bullshit IMO.