Grantly Group ââ?¬â?? insolvencies, dissolutions and breaches of the Companies Acts

An article from another place. All you ever wanted to know about the Grantly Group ... and just a little bit more. :)

Grantly Group ââ?¬â?? insolvencies, dissolutions and breaches of the Companies Acts

As the leadership of the self-styled ââ?¬Ë?only show in townââ?¬â?¢ flashes its poorly supported knickers at the latest haggard ho to swing into Govan, we at Rangers Media take a step back and ask a simple question: Graham Duffy, who he?

It has been widely reported that Mr Duffy was bankrupt at the turn of the millennium. That�s not something that should give us concerns per se; many very rich business folk have suffered the same indignity and bounced back. It�s probably as much to do with attitude to risk and the seeking of substantial reward that financially makes or breaks many a millionaire.

Perhaps of more concern is the myriad of companies in Duffy�s Grantly Group and what that reveals to us. Grantly Group Limited�s website lists a number of subsidiary companies in the UK and these are noted below. Grantly Group Limited itself submitted its latest Accounts to February 2008 which showed it as a dormant holding company.

Grantly Developments (Scotland) Limited ââ?¬â?? its Annual Return is overdue (breach of Companies Act) and there is a proposal to strike the company off with the first notice in the Edinburgh Gazette last month.

Grantly Construction Limited ââ?¬â?? this company is overdue with both Accounts and Annual Return and has been in compulsory liquidation since 2008.

Grantly Commercial Limited ââ?¬â?? this company has never filed Accounts since its incorporation in January 2005 and these are therefore 3 years overdue. The Annual Return is also overdue. There is a proposal to strike the company off with the notice in the Edinburgh Gazette in July. However there has been an objection to this striking off - this is often done by HM Revenue & Customs where they believe there may be unpaid taxes due before they will permit the striking off.

Grantly Developments (Paisley) Limited ââ?¬â?? the Annual Return for this company has been overdue since April 2009.

Grantly Developments (Lesmahagow) Limited ââ?¬â?? this company changed its name from Grantly Developments (Carstairs) Limited. Its latest Accounts show this company as being dormant but the Annual Return is overdue.

Grantly Developments (Rigside) Limited ââ?¬â?? this companyââ?¬â?¢s Annual Return is also overdue.

Grantly Developments (Cardiff) Limited ââ?¬â?? this company was incorporated in 2005 and was dissolved in 2007 without any Accounts or Annual Returns ever having been filed.

Grantly Residential Limited ââ?¬â?? this company last filed Accounts to March 2007 (dormant) and was dissolved in 2008.

Grantly Developments (East One) Limited ââ?¬â?? no record found at Companies House.

Grantly Developments (East Two) Limited ââ?¬â?? no record found at Companies House.

Grantly Developments (East Three) Limited ââ?¬â?? no record found at Companies House.

Grantly Developments (Dunlop) Limited ââ?¬â?? no record found at Companies House.

So much for the companies listed on Grantly Groupââ?¬â?¢s website. What about other ââ?¬Ë?Grantlyââ?¬â?¢ companies listed at Companies House? For the avoidance of doubt, there is no implied connection between these companies and Grantly Group although many of the companies noted below share the same registered office as Grantly Group and have the same trading pattern.

Grantly Developments Limited ââ?¬â?? this company was dissolved in 2008 with both its Accounts and Annual Return overdue.

Grantly Developments (Glenmavis) Limited ââ?¬â?? this company was incorporated in 2005 and dissolved in 2008 without any Accounts or Annual Returns ever having been filed.

Grantly Developments (Douglas Water) Limited - this company�s Annual Return is overdue.

Grantly Developments (Parkhead) Limited ââ?¬â?? possibly the company that owned the parcel of land required for the ââ?¬Ë?Commonwealth Villageââ?¬â?¢ that has been in the news. Even still, this company is almost a year overdue with its Accounts and its Annual Return has been overdue since April.

Grantly Developments (UK) Limited ââ?¬â?? finally a company that is not overdue, probably because it was only incorporated in January 2009 and no due dates have yet been reached!

Grantly European Limited ââ?¬â?? this company was incorporated in 2005 as Grantly Trans-Continental Limited, changed its name in 2005, never filed any Accounts or Annual Returns, was put into Administration and was dissolved in 2007.

Grantly Homes (Oxon) Limited ââ?¬â?? this is an older company that traded in the 1990s, was put into compulsory liquidation in 1999 (at which point its Accounts were overdue) and subsequently dissolved.

Grantly Project Management Limited ââ?¬â?? this company was incorporated in 2006 and dissolved in 2007 without any Accounts or Annual Returns having been filed. The Annual Return was overdue at the time of dissolution.

Grantly Developments Litigation Fund Ltd. ââ?¬â?? interesting name! This company was incorporated in 2001 and dissolved in 2004 without ever filing Accounts or Annual Returns, which were obviously overdue.

So as the ââ?¬Ë?only show in townââ?¬â?¢ hangs its hat on the latest ââ?¬Ë?only show in townââ?¬â?¢, after hanging its other hat on the previous ââ?¬Ë?only show in townââ?¬â?¢, should we all open our wallets and trust them with Ã?£1,000 of our recession-earned dough? With a string of insolvencies, dissolutions and breaches of the Companies Acts in the Grantly Group, is Graham Duffy really the right man to lead the Rangers support into a brave new world?

To quote another bluenose millionaire: ââ?¬Å?For these reasons, I wonââ?¬â?¢t be investing. Iââ?¬â?¢m outââ?¬Â.

Spanner, if you have issues with other sites' articles then please take them up with them there, and don't post links to them here.

Copy and paste them if relevant, but the FF article is just one guy's view that isn't newsworthy in itself.

I've just had a look at the 10 "Grantly" companies listed in creditsafeuk and it's more scene of devastation than a credible group of companies. There is very little financial information and what there is woun't impress anyone.

Of course, for all I know, this may not not be a fraction of Mr Duffy's business empire but if it's typical of his set up then it would sent warning signals to me at least. Low credit ratings all over the place little cash to be seen, creditors high/receivables low. Oh dear, I really hope he keeps his rreal business affairs under anpther name. Mr Duffy shows 22 directorships, of which eight appear to be active - with four having no credit rating at all and the other four looking decidedly unhealthy.

What exactly is it he's supposed to be bringing to the table again?

Spanner, if you have issues with other sites' articles then please take them up with them there, and don't post links to them here.

Copy and paste them if relevant, but the FF article is just one guy's view that isn't newsworthy in itself.

I don't have an issue I passed a comment, let me know when I have to pass by you what I need to post and I will PM you for permission, to think I wore a uniform.

I don't have an issue I passed a comment, let me know when I have to pass by you what I need to post and I will PM you for permission, to think I wore a uniform.

I thought you were withdrawing until your genius was proved to us all , your like a wee midge , a pest that needs squashing

I've just had a look at the 10 "Grantly" companies listed in creditsafeuk and it's more scene of devastation than a credible group of companies. There is very little financial information and what there is woun't impress anyone.

Of course, for all I know, this may not not be a fraction of Mr Duffy's business empire but if it's typical of his set up then it would sent warning signals to me at least. Low credit ratings all over the place little cash to be seen, creditors high/receivables low. Oh dear, I really hope he keeps his rreal business affairs under anpther name. Mr Duffy shows 22 directorships, of which eight appear to be active - with four having no credit rating at all and the other four looking decidedly unhealthy.

What exactly is it he's supposed to be bringing to the table again?

You have to presume that much of his wealth is now off-shore or in the States, but it's not particularly reassuring that there are a lot of administrative issues with his UK companies as highlighted by Boss, and you are finding similar things when doing a credit check.