Assembly to investigate ways of providing ownership scheme to fans..

http://www.thebluenose.co.uk/news/assembly-news/club-financial-position---assembly-meeting-summary-november-2009-20091201304/

The Rangers Supporters Assembly met on Sunday 22 November to discuss issues related to the Club's current financial position and specifically to consider how the fans can best help to take the Club forward. There has been a great deal of interest from fans in the concept of investing in the Club and how it can be achieved. The Rangers Supporters Trust provided details of ideas they have been progressing and potential opportunities to launch a scheme fairly quickly.

Delegates discussed the subject at length and agreed in principle that the concept of a Rangers Fans Investment Scheme was one that should be actively pursued. The aim of investing in a manner that would enable the Club to move forward and provide an avenue for fans to be able to have a significant stake in the way the Club operates was widely supported.

All delegates recognise that the opportunity to make a significant fans investment happen is upon us with the Club ownership likely to change.

The Assembly (incorporating all its constituent parts) is now formally mandated to take this forward and explore the feasibility and practicalities of developing a scheme that will appeal to all Rangers fans, be achievable and, most importantly, sustainable for the foreseeable future. In order to do that, it will be necessary to speak to a number of stakeholders with the necessary knowledge and expertise to ensure that any proposal is sound.

Interesting developments from the Assembly and given their professional and inclusive behaviour of late, I'm sure we'll all want to know more about what they offer.

I don't know any fan who isn't interested in the concept of the fans playing a broader role in the running of the club and how this can be achieved. As ever, the devil is in the detail though, so hopefully the wider support will be consulted with given the Assembly's 'official' representative status.

:)

Cheers for the heads up. The wheels are in motion anyway and hope we all can go forward with this and make it happen some way or other, sure it won't be easy and done overnight but where there's a will there's a way.

Cheers for the heads up. The wheels are in motion anyway and hope we all can go forward with this and make it happen some way or other, sure it won't be easy and done overnight but where there's a will there's a way.

I sincerely hope so...

Agree, but nothing that is worthwhile comes easy. I am willing to put my �£1000 investment in a supporters share fund held by the Assembly, so long as we use the share fund to give the supporters a vote at boardroom level. I appreciate this will take a few years to raise the necessary capital, but if we build strong foundations with the supporters share money i think any future owner(s) will look sympathetically at our proposals.

Just thinking aloud here, but it looks to me from this announcement that the Assembly are stepping into the picture at a time when the RST are having some PR difficulties & that they may in fact not be working separately from the RST, but with them. Perhaps some people have realised that an RST spearheaded fan ownership model is likely to fail & that it's got more chance of success if spearheaded (at least in terms of PR with the fans) by the Assembly?

Not quite sure what to think tbh.

Just thinking aloud here, but it looks to me from this announcement that the Assembly are stepping into the picture at a time when the RST are having some PR difficulties & that they may in fact not be working separately from the RST, but with them. Perhaps some people have realised that an RST spearheaded fan ownership model is likely to fail & that it's got more chance of success if spearheaded (at least in terms of PR with the fans) by the Assembly?

Not quite sure what to think tbh.

It possibly depends on where we are in the cycle ...... this may be the bit where the Assembly and the Trust are not actually slagging each other. They were five minutes ago but we are dealing with people who hold rather shallow principles. I'm beyond taking them seriously.

From what I can now gather certain editor's are feeling rather stupid and wondering if they have been duped , likewise wee Daryl is trying to buy himself time by stating " things will develop over the next few weeks " , that's the journalistic term for help I dont have a story but I dont want to look really stupid