Perhaps it's being diverted into heavy work issues this last week or so, coupled with the diversion of the AGM and the sad end to another Euro campaign, but I find myself not at all informed about the current RST activity. Are they still convinced there a TOSIT? Is that still held to be Graham Duffy? Or have the chairman's remarks on Monday put an end to current plans?

Does anyone know if anything is still being actively pursued or are they marooned by circumstance? More than anything else, I'd like to understand what the RST feels are still achievable options - to what extent have the 17 plans been pruned?

It's interesting that the single biggest concern for the future of the club has been placed quietly on the back burner on most Rangers forums. No one seems to know and few even want to hazard a guess as to whether TOSIT has left the scene or if it was ever here at all. More or less the only comments currently being put forward seem to be speculating whether any sale of the club will take place within one year or longer. Even the rank speculators seem to have decided this has become barren territory.

What's going on ...... as it were?

I'd rather have silence than partial quotes in the media and unofficial forums...

We can only hope discussions are ongoing in the background and something concrete is presented to us asap - Duffy/RST or not. Then I'm sure the debate will naturally open up again given that information.

I'd rather have silence than partial quotes in the media and unofficial forums...

We can only hope discussions are ongoing in the background and something concrete is presented to us asap - Duffy/RST or not. Then I'm sure the debate will naturally open up again given that information.

Sorry to disturb your silence again.:)

You may be right but fans usually comment on what takes their interest. I mean, we don't actually know if we'll sell Bougherra in January but many still offer opinion on it. My point is that this is a big topic that seems to have slipped from view on almost all fronts at the same time. You'd almost think it had been stage managed.;)

Personally, I think there's been a general realisation that things are relatively stable on the financial front after all and that there probably is not, nor ever has been, any real action on the issue of Murray's shares. In other words, both the fear and the hope have gone out of most people, leaving only a dull numbness.

I disagree actually.

Murray has had the club up for sale for 3 years and the club haven't mentioned anything to PLUS nor said at AGMs they can't talk about it. That has changed over the last month. Something is afoot but whether it is something that will change the status quo is open to debate.

A debate you're more than welcome to continue and one I'd be happy to contribute to if there was new information available. There isn't so I'm not sure what else we can say at this stage. That may well change sooner rather than later... ;)

I disagree actually.

Murray has had the club up for sale for 3 years and the club haven't mentioned anything to PLUS nor said at AGMs they can't talk about it. That has changed over the last month. Something is afoot but whether it is something that will change the status quo is open to debate.

A debate you're more than welcome to continue and one I'd be happy to contribute to if there was new information available. There isn't so I'm not sure what else we can say at this stage. That may well change sooner rather than later... ;)

To be fair, I didn't suggest that nothing had happened, I simply mentioned what I've read on other forums this morning. What I'm pointing out is the almost universal lack of comment about what seems quite an important and current issue. It's not as if we usually restrict our comment to the production line of new information. Maybe everyone is just talked out, maybe it's something else. Either way I find it interesting that even those who could debate nothing else only a few days ago are now refusing any invitation to do so.:)

Well, I'd imagine that until there is some movement on providing a workable in-depth model for debate and/or the change of position from the bank/MIH and/or another reason for deserved publicity (e.g. the backing of any ownership scheme by credible parties) then there is nothing else to say...

And, as I wrote after the AGM, that is much more agreeable in terms of professionalism in my view.

I disagree actually.

There wasn't necessarily something afoot when the announcement was made (or indeed now).

I did an article at the time:

http://home.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php/articles-mainmenu-2/1-club/1129-rangers-fc-statement-re-takeover-code-just-what-does-it-mean

Rule 2.2 (f) (i) could have been invoked when there was 'rumour and speculation' after MIH formally stated they were seeking a buyer (their holding being >30%).

http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/code.pdf

Sorry boss, I should have added IMO something is afoot as, as is the case, your article is quite correct... :thup:

By the way does anyone know if the RST obtain a retraction from the NOTW RE: Edgar's alleged comments about the Duffy bid which they said were inaccurate? Wasn't about at the weekend so may have missed this.

By the way does anyone know if the RST obtain a retraction from the NOTW RE: Edgar's alleged comments about the Duffy bid which they said were inaccurate? Wasn't about at the weekend so may have missed this.

Haven't heard (or seen) any retraction. Does that mean they haven't challenged TOSIT quotes?