News & Reports on Rangers Youth Teams

Young boy Craig think we got him from the jungles he's a tricky wee player I was impressed with Ryan sinnamon never stops overlapping he's a good cover for tav

There is a kid in the younger age groups (I want to say U12's) who has the best engine I have EVER seen in a young kid. I watched him last October and he was playing the ball to his right midfielder, overlapping at pace - when play broke down he sprinted back into position, by-passing his midfielder, to start it all again. Did this the WHOLE game. Incredible engine, and a very fine player too for his age.

If anyone from that age group was going to "make it" he would be my pick. Can't remember his name.

Young boy Craig think we got him from the jungles he's a tricky wee player I was impressed with Ryan sinnamon never stops overlapping he's a good cover for tav

Despite being able to play in the under 20s league, he's currently on loan at Falkirk until January.

He's just returned from injury in the last week or two which explains him playing the other night.

Was just about to ask why we had to field so many young players, but found this ...

THE RANGERS under-20 side featured a horde of under-17s players on Tuesday evening as they were brushed aside by Hamilton.

But their manager Ian Durrant picked out the younger members of his squad, some just 16, for praise despite the defeat.

Two fixtures in three days forced Durrant into the changes and he came away disappointed by the display of his older squad members.

Durrant said: “I hope this won’t affect the younger ones, this is part and parcel of playing for Rangers now, it’s not going to be a bed of roses all the time.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/durrant-demands-reaction-after-defeat/

20's due to play Ross County at Dumbarton tomorrow at 2pm

Wednesday 18th November

17s v Queens Park

Lesser Hampden

Kick off 8.00pm

Sunday 22nd November

15s v Ayr Utd

Murray Park

Kick off 10.30am

Sunday 22nd November

17s v Ayr Utd