News & Reports on Rangers Youth Teams

One more away ...

Montrose FC swooped late last week to complete the signing of Greg Pascazio just in time for the centre half to make an impressive home debut in the weekend local derby victory against Arbroath.

Released by Rangers last Friday, Manager Paul Hegarty wasted no time in bringing the highly rated 19 year old to Links Park on a permanent one year deal.

Having spent the last few years in the Rangers youth system, Greg appeared 4 times for the Scotland U16's. Last year he featured and scored in Gordon Durie's side that triumphed over Hearts in the Youth Cup Final, with his 20 yard shot deceiving our very own Jordan Millar in the Hearts goal.

http://www.montrosefc.co.uk/index.php/33-featured/591-montrose-snap-up-young-ger

• 2 weeks later...
17’s Win At Ralston

Report on today's game

https://rfcyouths.wordpress.com/2015/08/29/17s-win-at-ralston/

Dachnowicz seems to have been involved a lot elfideldo. Is he a future 1st teamed ?

Also read your report where the 16's beat Motherwell with a mix of 15's and 16's. I think Billy Gilmour, Dapo and Mathew Shiels are 15's. How are they coming along ? I know Billy Gilmour had made the Scotland squad a year ahead of his age group.

Edited by craig

Not so sure about first team material but Premyslaw Dachowicz is cetainly the most improved player. He was involved in most of the significant attacks until he moved to right back when Jordan Houston got injured.

He came late to pro youth having joined from the Jimmy Johnstone Academy just over a year ago, he has proved since he is there on merit alongside players who have been in the system since the age of 8 or 9.

15's are an excellent footballing side but right through the squad ther aren't big physically so may get bullied on occasions, therefore a bit of patience is required to allow them to develop. The players you mention are some who will play in the U16's fixtures planned for this season, Matthew Shiels is actually a U16 although he is at the younger end of the age group.

Elfideldo , I was told yesterday that septic had poached a center half from possibly the U12,s and had paid £50,000 for him , you heard anything or was the guy talking rubbish , age group might be wrong

The figure I heard was nowhere near 50k, which considering his age does seem highly unlikely, he is centre back from last season's U12's (He is U13's this season).

They have also signed an u15 centre-back that Rangers released (I was a bit surprised we let him go ).

They have released a player they took from us for a development fee a few years ago, he is now U18 and is back at Rangers on trial.