Bougherra wants PL return

Not sure how he'd do. Cuellar's a much better player and it took him quite a while to find his feet in the EPL although he's now a crucial part of a very strong Villa side. Bougherra hasn't really been properly tested. Cuellar carried us to the final of the UEFA cup. You can now see how vital he was. We can't just rely on our defence anymore.

Edited by Totti

Agree there Totti. Cuellar was outstanding and as you say almost single handedly got us to the Uefa Final. I'm not sure How Boogie would do. He likes the odd rampage forward but maybe he's just like that in Scotland because he gets bored at the back. Not sure what kind of fee we could get for him? Nowhere near the 8 Million we got for Carlos I would guess

I forgot he's already played in the premiership although that was for a very dodgy Charlton side. He might do better at a better side, who knows.

As for a fee, I reckon we'd have got �£4-6 before the whole economic situation and telling the press that everyone was up for sale. Now? Probably about 2-3m...

We've told the world we're basically a car boot sale so don't expect any decent bids.

Edited by Totti

Cuellar is a more clever player than Bougherra IMO. I can see Bougherra being a bit like Boumsong and be rash in the EPL which would make quite a few errors. If he was good enough before he would have went played for a side better than Charlton and Sheff Wed. He is too good for the SPL but he isnt good enough for a top 6 EPL team.

Edited by Gribz

Agree with much of the comparison being made between Cuellar and Bougherra. Cuellar was twice the player tbh and there nwere time in that UEFA cup run when he seemed to be keeping us in games single handedly. The way he's playing at the moment, Villa will be lucky to hang on to him for more than another season. Bougherra on the other hand will probably struggle to get an offer from a top club.

Cuellar is playing CB for Villa now Ian. That is where he started on Saturday at Old Trafford and only moved to RB when they had to make a sub.

Ok, it's obvious I don't follow the EPL :), however I'll stick with my opinion on Bougherra being able to hold down a place with a top EPL team @ RB