Darrell King: Boyd deserves new contract

With respect, I think we all have heard people in pubs (and elsewhere) talk about players but in the absence of the facts you often desire from others, I'll keep the salt handy for pinching...

I agree Rothen's weekly wage (if it is the figure you quote as I've heard different) would be better placed for other resources but if he leaves soonest then perhaps it can be. Danny Wilson's future is equally important while the likes of Novo, Broadfoot and Beasley have shown they are useful squad players also out of contract next summer.

That doesn't leave a lot of room for flexibility and even less for sentiment - Mark Donaghy will be especially pressurising as millions are there to be made for him and his client. Nonetheless Boyd must be re-signed by Rangers and we can only hope that will happen. And I think it will - probably announced just before the Old Firm game.

The outcome will be one or the other, I happen to think that the Tarbolton source is correct, let's just say it really couldn't be any closer, I think KB is a goner, another to add to the list of bodged Rangers management transfer/contract incompetency negotiations. Another to add to the list. http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/390538273?-11344

Edited by wabashcannonball