Hats Off To The Hibees: The Return of Event Football

The junkies are confident anyway:

The next three games decide the season. Anything less than 7 points and we can forget about any chance of the league imo, and we probably need 3 points from the huns as part of that 7. Win the two home games, and take a point at Perth and we are going to start being taken seriously.

I can see us doing the huns on Sunday fwiw. Their full backs aren't great defensively, and we've got pace that can exploit the likes of Weir. Get in their faces high up the park as much as we did against Motherwell and we will win the game cause ken what? We're better than them man for man. Cut off the supply to Boyd and we'll be playing 10 men for the 90 minutes.

Only concern I have is the centre of the defence with Bamba missing cause he's been a rock this season. Maybe put in Murray into the centre of defence and put Stevenson back in at left back. Rankin is someone I've never had a lot of time for as a player, but he doesn't deserve to be dropped after a very good game on Saturday, and that's even if McBride is fit. Competition has to be real competition, and Rankin has done nothing that deserves him being dropped so should keep his place.

Makalambay

Wotherspoon Hogg Murray Stevenson

Miller Rankin

Zemmama Nish Riordan

Stokes

Hibs to win 2-0. Riordan & Miller.

When have I ever stated I had a high regard for Aaron? I simply wanted him to get more of a chance, particularly at a time when we rarely ever see any good performances in the wide areas. We persisted with the likes of McCulloch and Lafferty putting terrible performance after terrible performance in when all the while we had some natural wide players that could be getting a shot - ones who looked quite good too.

As for our points total last year, not sure what the relevance is. We were pish then too. The old firm have not suddenly just got poor, it's been happening for years.

But if our points totals are relatively consistent whilst Hibs have boosted quite a bit it points to the declining gap being a combination of our decline and their improvement. :giruy:

The Old firm are definitely now the poor relations compared to the big 5 countries due to TV money (I thought we all knew that) and unless you've got a few hundred million pounds to spare, it will continue that way for the foreseeable future. Can't see what the relevance is here.

The OF seem to be cotinuing the highest level of dominance in Scottish football so I don't know where their current poverty comes in.

You seem to be saying it in a bemoaning sort of way rather than providing any analysis that helps your point especially when you water it down by saying we've been poor for years.

I think a more relevant, current and interesting topic is the question is: "Are Hibs better THIS year or aren't they, and if so, why?"

I think it's down to good youth coaching and Yogi Hughes, who had Falkirk playing great football while not getting the results. With better players, his philosophy seems to be working pretty much better for getting the points on the board...

The Hivs are quite right to be optimistic/confident, however the way we are playing I am very confident of humping them on Sunday :rfc:

I'm glad their confident. Along with Andy's piece it has me eagerly anticipating the game. Though i'm fucking working during it again. (No apologies for the profanity's i'm pissed off about it :ffs).

Been stitched up at work recently.

Missed the last 2 televised games. Was off for the postpoed DU game, but not the replayed one.

Working on the 27th, prob working DU game too and working the OF. Fucking joke. :(

There's a bad 2-3 day bug going about just now :whistle::)