Boogie can play on 3rd of January???

No quotes in either story. BS imo.

I think the papers just picked up the story from the Algerian papers (that KT08 posted the other day) off of online forums.

Yep i can't see it anywhere official and until i do i will go that he is not playing. That way i won't be disappointed if it is BS

He's been fairly poor this season, mind elsewhere. I'd rather Wilson was in regardless of Bougherra.

:eek: If he has been poor then the rest have been shocking as he has been constantly our best player.:confused:

:eek: If he has been poor then the rest have been shocking as he has been constantly our best player.:confused:

Rest have been shocking. Until 4 games ago. But I disagree that he's been our best player this season, that honour goes to AM, Kenny Miller, or, shockingly, Lee McCulloch for me. Boyd also contends.

I disagree, I dont think Bougherra has been our best performer this season. McGregor and Boyd deserve more credit than Bougherra - Bougherra has missed a fair amount of games too.

Sorry then, that is obviously your opinion but Boyd has only been really good in a couple of games. If you say it is because of his goals then okay i can buy that. If it is because he has been the best player then there is no way i can buy that. Yes he has improved massively but best player Nah.

RANGERS have made a dramatic last-gasp bid to keep Madjid Bougherra for the Old Firm derby.

SunSport can reveal Gers have sent an urgent message to the Algerian FA asking for Bougy to be allowed to play against Celtic on Sunday.

Stopper Bougherra, who won his country's Player of the Year crown last week, has been told he must report for African Nations Cup duty on Friday.

WALTER SMITH

PLEA ... Walter Smith

Gers boss Walter Smith has still to receive an official reply to their correspondence and the door remains open for a reprieve.

The saga over Bougherra's involvement with Algeria has rumbled on since their play-off win over Egypt.

Coach Rabah Saadane initially ordered Bougy to attend a training camp and miss the clashes with Hibs and Dundee United.

Under pressure from several of his UK-based players for a stay of execution, Saadane relented and allowed Bougy to stay on.

He was involved in two of Gers' goals in the 4-1 weekend win at Easter Road and will face United at Ibrox tonight.

He is currently due to fly out tomorrow and could be absent for a month as Algeria chase glory. Bougherra has made heartfelt pleas to his coach and Algerian FA to be allowed to face rivals Celts on Sunday.

He wants to fly out to the training camp in France on Monday - seven days before Algeria kick off their campaign in Angola.

Bougy's personal appeals have fallen on deaf ears so far.

It is understood Gers contacted the Algerians last Friday and are still awaiting an official response. Bougherra's appearance would be a boost for boss Smith.