Already done , though some of the questions are either quite leading or dont go far enough , almost as if they have the answers they want and set the questions out to get them

I think this is a valuable contribution. It may not be perfect, whatever perfect means, but it is at least an opportunity for the average supporter to express a view. If Rangers or so-called supporters organisations did the same, it wouldn't be a bad idea either. Of course what is done with the results of these surveys is altogether another thing.

289x2ee.jpg

:thup:

To me smacks of the usual stance of trying to blame life's ills (e.g. the phoney and unnecessary war on sectarianism) on football.

Why should football be a vehicle for anything other than people enjoying sport? Sort the game itself out first. It's up to the politicians etc to sort out things like health, crime and unemployment. Hell they could even solve the sectarianism "issue" if they were serious about tackling it properly.

289x2ee.jpg

:thup:

To me smacks of the usual stance of trying to blame life's ills (e.g. the phoney and unnecessary war on sectarianism) on football.

Why should football be a vehicle for anything other than people enjoying sport? Sort the game itself out first. It's up to the politicians etc to sort out things like health, crime and unemployment. Hell they could even solve the sectarianism "issue" if they were serious about tackling it properly.

I agree with all you say with one exception. I think that the SPL, or more specifically the clubs, should take a keen interest in the education side of the equation.

Yes, education is the remit of government but clubs who take young boys on their books should also be involved in the process. At the end of the day a player's career is a short one and they are likely to need something after their career (not all of them will be getting a kings ransom of a wage). Also, some of them are taken by clubs at such an early age and will have an "I am going to be a pro" attitude that education becomes irrelevant to them - dangerous game to play.

I just think that young players should be educated to a reasonable level where possible and the clubs could/should play a part in that.

Out here my 5 yr old plays with one of the Premier teams "pee wee" group - and when they go into U-7 the club actually obtain a school report from school and, if not performing well at school, the club have the option to suspend the kids. This is more from a behavioural perspective than academic but still.....