One minute they want to buy the club or consider multiple x 17 options, now they are talking of boycotts....

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something".

Edgar has obviously learnt nothing from past mistakes.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2010/01/06/exclusive-rangers-fans-threaten-season-ticket-boycott-if-kris-boyd-is-sold-in-transfer-window-86908-21945798/

I don't think Edgar mentioned season ticket boycotts to be fair... Yes, he rightly indicated some fans would consider their position in that regard but didn't suggest anything would be organised by anyone either.

I'm also unsure why their alleged intentions to buy the club is directly related or contradictory to this matter.

I don't think Edgar mentioned season ticket boycotts to be fair... Yes, he rightly indicated some fans would consider their position in that regard but didn't suggest anything would be organised by anyone either.

I'm also unsure why their alleged intentions to buy the club is directly related or contradictory to this matter.

Well Frankie I would say the buying into suggestion from whatever source is one of positive help and assistance, boycotts, when they hurt financially at such a turbulent time are anything but.

We have heard all this before , boycotts , fans protests , etc etc , in the end they all amount to the same thing wind and pish , Rangers fans are the most apathetic fans ever , we always look for someone else to do our dirty work for us , whether mystery millionaires or blowhard fans groups

Typical RST..... got something to say but can't quite bring themselves to speak openly or use plain language.

Of course Edgar is introducing the issue of season tickets as a veiled threat. The only problem I've got is that this should have been an overt campaign at least three years ago. The time to mention season tickets is when the club are about to issue renewal notices, not at a time when no one is actually buying season tickets. But the RST couldn't possibly orchestrate an actual campaign because that would mean takiing a position and no longer being able to wriggle and spin in an effort to be all things to all parties involved.

For years, I've posted and written articles advocating an ST boycott as the one remaining item of real leverage that fans can exercise against a dysfunctional club leadership. It's up to the individual fan to decide for themselves but I'd have thought this was such an obvious pressure point for the RST that their failure to exploit it is tantamount to negligence.

Wabash has a point when he links this latest half-hearted nonsense from Edgar to the RST's make-believe negotiations to introduce fan ownership. The point being that they cannot play it both ways. If they need to maintain a cosy relationship with the Rangers board then don't come out and infer ST boycotts - if they genuinely want to leverage the club's policies through ST boycotts then stop compromising things by pretending to be pivotal in takeover talks (a takeover that isn't happening btw). More than anything else, stop sending mixed messages to the supporters and start using plain, unambiguous language.

Sooner or later the RST needs to leave la-la land and stop this endless posturing and pointless bravado.

I don't think the Trust have a cosy relationship with the Rangers board. They called for Muir not to be re-elected and have criticised the new chairman (albeit on unofficial forums).

As others have suggested sitting on the fence (publicly at least) is probably not doing them any favours generally.

The one problem I do have is that if the Trust did somehow end up as part of a consortium buying the club then they could no more guarantee the future of Boyd than the present administration.

I don't think the Trust have a cosy relationship with the Rangers board. They called for Muir not to be re-elected and have criticised the new chairman (albeit on unofficial forums).

As others have suggested sitting on the fence (publicly at least) is probably not doing them any favours generally.

The one problem I do have is that if the Trust did somehow end up as part of a consortium buying the club then they could no more guarantee the future of Boyd than the present administration.

I don't think the RST have ever had a cosy relationship with the Rangers board .... but they would like to and that's what influences their (lack of) actions. In the present case, the RST wishes to be a player in the arrival of a new board, which is why it cannot speak openly of boycotts.

So Edgar says something that a lot of Rangers fans are thinking, the Daily Record put a spin on it and a number of people fall for it.

Keevins et al will be very happy that some fall for their misleading headlines.

I think the Trust got on reasonably well with the club in the past but obviously not with a great deal of success when it comes to genuine achievements unfortunately. That relationship doesn't seem to be quite as strong now (achievements or not) but I'm reasonably happy someone is trying to pressurise the club into keeping Boyd.