So Edgar says something that a lot of Rangers fans are thinking, the Daily Record put a spin on it and a number of people fall for it.

Keevins et al will be very happy that some fall for their misleading headlines.

What do you mean "fall for it"? That's a strange and pointless choice of words.

As far as I can see, Edgar is being quoted. If they have mis-quoted him them we'll no doubt see his complaint. While Edgar doesn't use the word boycott, it would be naive in the extreme to suggest that's not a clear and intentional inference from his statement. My only problem is that he didn't actually use the word.

Usual spin from the press and not sure what exactly Edgar was hoping to achieve with that one.

What I can't understand is why the various fans' groups haven't combined to form a single voice for supporters. That's the only hope we have going forward of presenting a united front and common message to the media, club, other supporters etc.

Mike.

What do you mean "fall for it"? That's a strange and pointless choice of words.

As far as I can see, Edgar is being quoted. If they have mis-quoted him them we'll no doubt see his complaint. While Edgar doesn't use the word boycott, it would be naive in the extreme to suggest that's not a clear and intentional inference from his statement. My only problem is that he didn't actually use the word.

He's saying what I hear a lot of fans saying around Ibrox. Some are considering whether they will renew their season tickets next year. There's a huge jump between that and calls for a boycott.

He's saying what I hear a lot of fans saying around Ibrox. Some are considering whether they will renew their season tickets next year. There's a huge jump between that and calls for a boycott.

Yes, but there's also a huge jump between fans discussing things amongst themselves and the spokesperson of the Rangers Supperters Trust talking to a newspaper. It certainly doesn't surprise me that the Record used the word 'boycott' - do you suppose it surprised Edgar? If it did then he needs to stop talking to the media altogether but in reality I imagine he achieved exactly what he intended to achieve.

Aye Davie. Sit back and say nothing.

Then when Boyd and a couple of others are sold off we'll hear the usual suspects on this and other Forums criticise the RST for 'sitting back and saying nothing'.

Now, I don't know how close to Ibrox or the supporters some of the blawhards on the internet are but all Edgar has pointed out is EXACTLY what my circle of friends [all Rangers fans] are saying. = If Rangers main assets are sold, they will give serious consideration to not renewing next seasons tickets.

Aye, nobody [apart from me] is buying season tickets at this moment. BUT, and I don't know if this is news to some, the first transfer window isn't in June. It's NOW.

Then when Boyd and a couple of others are sold off we'll hear the usual suspects on this and other Forums criticise the RST for 'sitting back and saying nothing'.

Now, I don't know how close to Ibrox or the supporters some of the blawhards on the internet are but all Edgar has pointed out is EXACTLY what my circle of friends [all Rangers fans] are saying. = If Rangers main assets are sold, they will give serious consideration to not renewing next seasons tickets.

Aye, nobody [apart from me] is buying season tickets at this moment. BUT, and I don't know if this is news to some, the first transfer window isn't in June. It's NOW.

I think you'll find he's actually being criticised for not saying enough.

And apparently that means that all your friends are calling for a boycott....... :whistle:

If I'm not mistaken (and I don't think I am) it's not so very long ago that Mr Edgar was close to accepting employment with the Daily Record. Maybe that's why he seems to be defending that esteemed journal over on FF today, perhaps he still harbours ambitions in that direction. Or not, I don't know.

Personally, instead of publicity-seeking interviews with daily newspapers, I'd be more interested in hearing from the RST about the "47 days to save Rangers" that they were promulgating recently. I'd like them to remind me when that deadline is due.

And apparently that means that all your friends are calling for a boycott....... :whistle:

I dare say, if Boyd and a few others are sold, they probably are. And more power to their elbows if that scenario comes to pass.

I boycotted the place for 3 years myself because of Murray selling off our best players . I've just bought a half season ticket because I truly feel Murrays days are over. [and I'm tired of hanging around the shops/house/etc at the weekend].

Same as my mates, if there's a clear out of the wrong guys, I'll not be going back.

The car park awaits.

One minute they want to buy the club or consider multiple x 17 options, now they are talking of boycotts....

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something".

Edgar has obviously learnt nothing from past mistakes.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2010/01/06/exclusive-rangers-fans-threaten-season-ticket-boycott-if-kris-boyd-is-sold-in-transfer-window-86908-21945798/

Reply from David Edgar..........

"The Daily Record today have a headline stating that I suggested that the sale of Kris Boyd could lead to some sort of season ticket boycott.

I did not.

The quotes in the article are correct and I have no problem with any of them, the article or the journalist. I suggested that selling your top scorer may not be the best way of promoting sales of season tickets and may give Rangers fans cause to stop and think about their next move, but at no time did I suggest that Rangers fans would 'boycott' the club due to the sale of one player.

I didn't mention the word 'boycott' and am very surprised to read it in the headline today.

I stand by everything in the actual article, but not the headline. "