Alistair Johnston flies into Scotland

Alastair Johnston has flown in I know we're all sick of rumour and speculation but noted a couple of low key reports this week saying our Chairman has unexpectedly flown back to Scotland from his Florida base.

He seems to make a personal appearance (at least as far as I can see) whenever something is going on regarding the Club's financial status. Assuming Bain is handling transfer business - is it possible he is indeed here to oversee something much larger?

Alistair Johston is just keeping us barely afloat till we get new owners. Instead of the hooha when he was appointed where we thought it was a new dawn for the club, the reality is he's just another McClelland.

Do you for one minute, doubt Big Derek ?

I'm assured the 2 'blue-chip signings' he promised us were seen in Asda at Govan as recently as this morning.

:flipa:

91% is superb though - almost as relevant as 110%! :whistle:

Alistair Johston is just keeping us barely afloat till we get new owners. Instead of the hooha when he was appointed where we thought it was a new dawn for the club, the reality is he's just another McClelland.

Yeah, Johnston speaks well but I didn't expect any sudden change of direction from the club under his stewardship considering he's been on the board for over 5 years anyway. If he were going to being in new investment he's probably have done it before now.

Of course the influence of our absent owner may have had an affect on that but if that was the case, I doubt someone as successful as Johnston would have hung around on the board for long - never mind accepting the caretaker chairman position he has now.

To be fair there have been tentative changes since he took over which make indicate further agreeable revision in the future.

What is clear is that nothing is happening. When the news finally hit the mainstream media regarding just how bad a state we are in; it was widely reported that there would be a fire sale in January at the behest of the bank if new owners had not come forward by now.

Recently I've read WS saying we don't need to sell.

The same papers spouting the fire sale story are conveniently ignoring the blatant contradiction.

WTF is going on?

What is clear is that nothing is happening. When the news finally hit the mainstream media regarding just how bad a state we are in; it was widely reported that there would be a fire sale in January at the behest of the bank if new owners had not come forward by now.

Recently I've read WS saying we don't need to sell.

The same papers spouting the fire sale story are conveniently ignoring the blatant contradiction.

WTF is going on?

There was a period prior to the current facilty being agreed with the bank that it appeared that we may have to sell to meet the bank's requirements. However from what AJ has said, it seems that the bank did not get the directors to agree on the stringent cuts that were originally requested and a middle ground was negotiated, which resulted in the club now saying we do not need to sell.

I'm not convinced there is a contradiction - only that the situation has evolved.