Or as my Dad used to put it...........THE @RSE FELL OUT THE CHANTY.

:devil:

I believe the expression is, "Credit were credit is due" no one can dispute that a former successful Rangers manager is due all the credit that he has earned, big Eck has more than earned his spurs. For what it is worth, I believe he is a far better manager than Smith, in man management and tactically, I do not think the KB situation would have ever got to this stage under Alex McLeish.

I believe the expression is, "Credit were credit is due" no one can dispute that a former successful Rangers manager is due all the credit that he has earned, big Eck has more than earned his spurs. For what it is worth, I believe he is a far better manager than Smith, in man management and tactically, I do not think the KB situation would have ever got to this stage under Alex McLeish.

I am not so sure. He Ckufed up on the Moore situation. Slagging him off in the press. relieving him of the captaincy and then dropping Khizanishvili who was playing well at the time to play Moore for a Euro game. That turned me against him. He should have kept his mouth shut if he was going to reinstate Moore directly to the team.

So a manager who averaged about 10 points per season less than Celtic is better than one who averages about 3 more than Celtic in his second spell? A manager who has two barren seasons is better than one who has had none in his second spell? A manager who averaged one trophy per full season is better than one who averages two? A manager whose worst finish is 3rd and 19 points behind is better than one whose worst finish is 3 points behind in second place and with pretty significant mitigating circumstances?

Tell me where the logic is?

I always said that Eck came to Rangers too soon, he still had too much too learn and Rangers is not a club to be so far down the learning curve. He is becoming a better manager year by year but has still to show he is a winner down south. Half a season in the Premiership where he's in 8th is pretty inconclusive at the moment.

I really want him to do well but I have no regrets in the slightest about his departure from Rangers. He was too inexperienced, too naive and too unable to cope with the pressure at the time.

I can't imagine why anyone else would prefer him to Walter. Where is the latter's really bad season where he actually deserves to be sacked? He hasn't had one since coming back and Eck had two in four full seasons.

I like Eck but can't understand the strange fantasy thinking where we would actually get misty eyed about him and regret sacking him.

I really don't get where managers who ulitmately fail at Ibrox like Eck and PLG are lionised, whereas a manager who does a pretty passable job consistently is vilified. Next there will be calls to bring John Greig back...

Since you like stats so much, check them out, Big Ecks stats are better than WS's at both Scotland and Rangers...but stats and damned lies you know the rest.

Are you being selective with these stats? As surely trophies won is the statistic that matters and Eck certainly does not surpass Smith here.

Eck was a good manager for us over the piece, with an horrific season that led to his sacking. But you're a piss poor fisherman and wind up merchant. ;)

I think it's pretty obvious that had Eck or PLG acheived results like Walter has in his second spell, they wouldn't have been sacked. Conversely had Walter had any of the three disaster seasons of those two he would have been sacked.

I don't know how you're interpreting the stats but it's obviously not objectively.