Ferguson chasing rangers defender wilson

Rangers don�t want to lose one of their best finds in recent years and so far have refused to even put a valuation on the central defender.

Wilson has only just turned 18. Earlier this season, when he was 17, he became the youngest Rangers player to appear in a competitive European match.

Ibrox boss Walter Smith ââ?¬â?? Fergieââ?¬â?¢s former assistant at United ââ?¬â?? is confi dent Wilson is already capable of handling the pressure of big matches. And Rangers are now bracing themselves for a Premier League raid led by United.

Sir Alex has also been alerted to Real Madrid�s decision to make midfi elder Mahamadou Diarra available in the January transfer window. Diarra, 28, was linked with United when he was at Lyon.

But any chance of a move to United or another top European club all hinges on Real�s valuation of the combative ball-winner.

Diarraââ?¬â?¢s agent Frederic Guerra said his client was available. But he added: ââ?¬Å?For now, in January, it is possible but it will be very difficult. It depends how much money a club is willing to pay the player and how much Real want for the player."

ââ?¬Å?His contract finishes in 2011, so he still has time to run.ââ?¬Â

if were smart well make any buyer pay top dollar for him. Im in the 10 -20 million bracket here. Its the best and richest clubs in the world that want this boy here so we shouldnt be shy in asking. Wilson is the most gifted prospect i have seen in the last thirty years and is well worth that value in my eyes.

no doubt well will get 50p and a booklet of food stamps though.

what we should be doing is guaranteeing our top youngsters first team football - and pointing out that if they leave before they've garnered some decent experience they'll likely be propping up someone's reserve team. I doubt Wilson is ready yet to go straight in to Fergie's starting Xl. It could be a bad move if you make a couple of appearances then get binned for some multi-million signing.

Playing for Rangers F.C. should be seen as an honour in itself. If we let our future go on the cheap or without a fight, then change our name to Hibs.

Rangers don’t want to lose one of their best finds in recent years and so far have refused to even put a valuation on the central defender.

That makes a change.

I'd have expected an 'everyone has their price' or 'we don't want to let him go but...'

Why the 'so far have refused to even put an evaluation' part? I mean it's not normal practice for you to go and tell the media exactly what you'll sell an upcoming prized asset. Although it wouldn't be out of the ordinary if we did go and tell the media that...

Edited by Totti

if were smart well make any buyer pay top dollar for him. Im in the 10 -20 million bracket here. Its the best and richest clubs in the world that want this boy here so we shouldnt be shy in asking. Wilson is the most gifted prospect i have seen in the last thirty years and is well worth that value in my eyes.

no doubt well will get 50p and a booklet of food stamps though.

10-20m :confused:

No way in hell an SPL player would get that, particularly given we have projected an image to the rest of Europe that we are completely broke and will sell anyone for buttons.

Wilson hasn't played that many games yet. He's looking really good but a lot of 17/18 year olds have looked good in Scotland in the last 20 years and failed to do anything.

Maybe if we can keep hold of him for a few seasons and he gets a chance in Europe then we can generate a decent fee.

Then again the likes of Spurs have happily splashed �£10m+ on any old pish in the last ten years so you never know.

If I stood to make round about 3m in the next three years, I'd be off like an effing shot.

No point in pretending emotion comes into it, when we're dealing with such huge numbers.

So what you're saying is, forget yoth policies because we'll lose all our our players anyway? Right, let's just scour the Junior leagues for bargains and hope that they don't become too good for us.:(

Nah, what I'm saying is if someone waves emormous amounts of cash around, we can't really be too furious if the player in question takes the money and runs. We'll be compensated with the money, which isn't much, but better than nothing.

Players aren't fans, in short.