Rothen set for Turkish switch

Guest BRIANMC1

Guest BRIANMC1

French international Jerome Rothen is set to end his unhappy loan spell at Scottish giants Rangers and looks to be heading to Greek side Larissa.

The 31-year-old midfielder, who joined Rangers on loan from PSG in the summer, has struggled in Scotland.

Rothen has made just seven appearances for Rangers with his last start coming in the 4-1 home Champions League defeat to Unirea Urziceni.

Larissa have agreed the loan move with PSG and now have to convince the midfielder to leave Scotland for Greece.

Please let this be true.:spl:

could have done a job for us if played in proper formation and proper position.

Showed in the game in Stuttgart that he is as good a footballer as we have at the club.

IMO, when he was on the ball, some of our players were not intelligent enough to make the necessary move for him.

he pisses all over Lafferty and Naismith when it comes to the left sided position.

Virtually every winger in the world nowadays plays on the alternate wing at some point every game. If they're kept on their 'proper' wing (i.e. a left footer playing on the left wing) it's mainly so they can beat their marker and whip balls into the box, which wasn't Rothen's strongpoint to say the least. I'm not entirely sure what people think would've happened differently if Rothen had started on the left instead of the right; i mean only last night we moved our right back to the left wing and he scored two goals.

Edited by Dr Preston Burke

IMO rothen never had the stomach for scottish footie. he probs seen a few of the meaty challenges dished out and shat himself.

same with most french players that played for us or in the spl they can't seem to cut it up here.

To be honest, I'd really love to see someone on here take a management job, play all their players solely in their perceived "natural" positions and see how they do.

Maybe they could also fill half the team with teenagers and give the players with the worst form or attitude, long runs in the team to get up to scratch...

Add to that, instructing the players only to play "attractive" football, to only pass forward and to take a man on at every opportunity.

Training could consist of teaching players how to pass a ball 5 yards to a team mate and how to trap it first time, how to cross a ball as well as how to take a throw in.

Anyone who doesn't run around enough could be dropped.

Surely if management is that easy, it shouldn't be a problem getting a job for Dundee Utd or Kilmarnock?

;)

could have done a job for us if played in proper formation and proper position.

Showed in the game in Stuttgart that he is as good a footballer as we have at the club.

IMO, when he was on the ball, some of our players were not intelligent enough to make the necessary move for him.

he pisses all over Lafferty and Naismith when it comes to the left sided position.

are you on drugs? he was shit bar one game against stuggart.

I have no idea why it didn't work out for Rothen, I feel he was unfairly scapegoated after Unirea. But if it's true he's nigh-on pretending to be ill then that's beyond unprofessional.

Suppose it's best for all concerned that he moves on, but I'm really disappointed that he didn't get a fair crack after Unirea.

To be honest, I'd really love to see someone on here take a management job, play all their players solely in their perceived "natural" positions and see how they do.

Maybe they could also fill half the team with teenagers and give the players with the worst form or attitude, long runs in the team to get up to scratch...;)

I'd love to do that.

As for Rothen, his name says it all. He was absolutely pish for us and is now screwing money out of us.

I have no idea why it didn't work out for Rothen, I feel he was unfairly scapegoated after Unirea. But if it's true he's nigh-on pretending to be ill then that's beyond unprofessional.

Suppose it's best for all concerned that he moves on, but I'm really disappointed that he didn't get a fair crack after Unirea.

Christ, you're a fan of Lafferty and Rothen? :eek: