Transfer Deadline Day Rumour and Movement Thread

Hopeful but not optimistic.

Probably describes my mood at the moment...

I think we'll bring in one player but unsure they'll be of the quality required to immediately improve the team...

Good to see you over here mate. Have you got the point I made about your user-name on OTF yet? :box:

Celtic seem to be very active in the market. Are they expected to make further signings before the window shuts?

They seem to have ripped out the core of Strachans team (or tried to) and replace them with random untested young foreigners and other types who have never played in Scotland... You would expect that much movement in the Summer preparing for a new season... not halfway through when 10 points behind against an established side (which has more and more players returning to fitness).

They either need to hit the ground running or mowbray will end up looking very silly. Next year will be different - but will he survive that long if they don't make a challenge of it?

Hope to see someone in for us before the end of the day, perhaps there will be a random news story on the website that no one saw coming... wouldn't be the first time!

Probably describes my mood at the moment...

I think we'll bring in one player but unsure they'll be of the quality required to immediately improve the team...

I'm in hysterics at the names we're being linked to.

Mind you, I was convinced Roughie was right a couple of summers back when he said an AC Milan midfielder was on his way to us...

So far this window, that's Rothen & Mendes gone from the high earners, so big savings on wages from that alone (could be around 43 grand a week). We've also seen Shinnie, Loy & now Lennon go out on loan.

Five players out and none coming in is a lot to lose from what was already a relatively small squad. :confused:

I'm in hysterics at the names we're being linked to.

Mind you, I was convinced Roughie was right a couple of summers back when he said an AC Milan midfielder was on his way to us...

That's the old reverse psychology routine Danny...

Laugh at the big names being linked but secretly hope Torres will come on loan.... ;)

So far this window, that's Rothen & Mendes gone from the high earners, so big savings on wages from that alone (could be around 43 grand a week). We've also seen Shinnie, Loy & now Lennon go out on loan.

Five players out and none coming in is a lot to lose from what was already a relatively small squad. :confused:

All reasons which I hope we'll sign at last one player... ;)

That's the old reverse psychology routine Danny...

Laugh at the big names being linked but secretly hope Torres will come on loan.... ;)

Who said anything about secretly :D

But there's a difference between hoping I'll end up in a 3 way with Elisha Cuthbert, Kate Beckinsale and Sophia Bush and actually expecting it :)