Transfer Deadline Day

It's a funny old world, there you are hoping and praying at the start of the transfer window that by midnight tonight we would still have a squad to finish the season , would MacGregor be gone , Boughie whisked away , Boyd given away , Davies sold to Birmingham , but all that happened was Mendes was sold much to his own agreement if we believe what Wattie says and that we could cope but that if possible we would try and get some players in .

Meanwhile across the city big Mowbary is hoovering up player after player like there is no tomorrow but where will they all play , what formation will the big heid set them out in , and will they all knit together , given that we only have 15 games left , remember we had Bellamy going to celtic and they didn't win the league , I could be wrong but I forsee a major fall coming , as this is one huge gamble given the signing on fee's and loan fees they will have had to pay out , though I accept they brought decent money in for macDonald etc , an interesting few weeks ahead .

The reaction today is more to do with the ridiculous amount of players they have brought in ,I have never known anything like this ever , christ even Hearts never brought in as many players and got rid of as many .

Lets just hope we can cope with what we have right now! if smith feels comfortable with what we have and that we can deal with what comes along then great i,ll go with that?, but should we start to stumble then i hope he has a strong head to deal with the consequences should rangers fail to win 2 in a row...

Lets just hope we can cope with what we have right now! if smith feels comfortable with what we have and that we can deal with what comes along then great i,ll go with that?, but should we start to stumble then i hope he has a strong head to deal with the consequences should rangers fail to win 2 in a row...

I dont really think Walter has a any other choice but to be comfortable with what he has... He seemed keen to bring in 1 or 2 players in most of the rags and online news sites but as the clock ticks down... nothing. Ofcourse the clubs financial position is not great but you do feel a bit dissapointed when you hear the club getting linked with players like Martin Petrov and Ricardo Quresma and ultimately end up with no-one.

2 days is hardly enough time given we were not expecting to get any money , let's face it our scouting is so bad we were never likely and unless Willie McLies had a spare player or two he couldn't get rid of to any one else we were up against it .

I dont really think Walter has a any other choice but to be comfortable with what he has... He seemed keen to bring in 1 or 2 players in most of the rags and online news sites but as the clock ticks down... nothing. Ofcourse the clubs financial position is not great but you do feel a bit dissapointed when you hear the club getting linked with players like Martin Petrov and Ricardo Quresma and ultimately end up with no-one.

Not taking the mickey here, but who in their right mind actually believed we were going to sign Petrov or Quresma? BS transfer rumour garbage like all the other ones... Tonel, Shittu... bla bla bla. Righty ho... :whistle:

Had the Rothen & Mendes transfers been sorted sooner, then we might have had a shout at a signing or two, but they weren't & that's that. We've still got a strong enough squad to win this title.

I think we would be lying if we didn't say we were slightly envious at the players Celtic were able to bring in. Not so much the actual players, but the fact they were able to do it, especially with a premiership player who cost 20 million odds a season ago.

I won't go into the pros and cons of having such a player. And, this could see Mowbray fall on his arse big time. But, it would be good for our fans to see a big name like that join.

I will be interested to see how he handles all these players, but in the meantime, lets also see how we quietly keep picking up points whilst they keep throwing money out the window at passing players to come in and salvage the wreck of Mowbray's fleet!:fish: