Transfer Deadline Day

Their transfers were known for some time. The club don't have to wait before starting to look at players. They can have players lined up ready to sign, subject to Mendes and Rothen going, but for whatever reason that didn't happen.

Fair point....

Time can't be used as an excuse. Celtic only sold McDonald today and were able to get a replacement in.

They sold their best goal scorer and brought in a player on a short term loan deal that they couldn't afford to buy in a month of Sundays, never mind afford his wages. A player that is good, but not good enough for Liverpool or Spurs it would seem... or maybe you're talking about the Danish striker?

Mendes is the only creativity that we had apart from Davis.

Totally different types of player!

Not being good enough for Liverpool or Tottenham is pretty irrelevant when he'll be coming up against the likes of Darren Dods, Mark McLaughlan, Stephen Craigan, and John Paul Potter lol

It is quite amusing the way some of us Gers fans are trying to downplay the quality of Keane with comments that "he keeps getting transferred after a season so cant be that good" - AYE RIGHT !!!

Keane will come up against a far inferior standard of defender up here and COULD score goals for fun - but he still won't be able to prevent them from leaking goals, which could still happen.

Anyone who thinks he isnt a quality player is, quite simply, barking.

They sold their best goal scorer and brought in a player on a short term loan deal that they couldn't afford to buy in a month of Sundays, never mind afford his wages. A player that is good, but not good enough for Liverpool or Spurs it would seem... or maybe you're talking about the Danish striker?

Totally different types of player!

I'm talking about Keane. the fact that they can't afford to buy him is irrelevent. They went out and got a great player on loan with the finances for it just being realised today.

Mendes and Davis were our creative midfielders. We are now relying on Davis and are in a lot of trouble if he gets injured. Are we to rely on Thomson, McCulloch and Edu for our creativity?

I'm talking about Keane. the fact that they can't afford to buy him is irrelevent. They went out and got a great player on loan with the finances for it just being realised today.

Mendes and Davis were our creative midfielders. We are now relying on Davis and are in a lot of trouble if he gets injured. Are we to rely on Thomson, McCulloch and Edu for our creativity?

You dont always need to have creativity from your central midfield pairing though BD. Man U have recently gotten away from it with players like Carrick. What they do is use their wingers...... but therein lies our problem - we dont really have any !

But if we get DMB back and use Novo out wide then the midfielders should surely be able to play balls in behind for them to use their pace to get the ball in the box for Miller and Boyd.

I would fear it if we lost Davis, but it wouldnt necessarily be the end of our title challenge.

I'm talking about Keane. the fact that they can't afford to buy him is irrelevent.

It's not irrelevant if we win the title because they'll have sold their best goal scorer and brought in a player they can't afford to keep never mind actually buy!

They went out and got a great player on loan with the finances for it just being realised today.

I doubt that they needed much cash for the deal today, but I'm still sure I could hear collection tins rattling out in the street.

Mendes has been out since we started playing better. When he was in the team at the beginning of the season we were absolute mince...