Unplayable Pitches

Seriously, how come when we played DUTD and the game was abandoned at half time due to a waterlogged pitch,which I personally didn't think it should have been, was considered dangerous yet games are allowed to be played on the Motherwell pitch,which IMO was more dangerous to both sets of the players ???. I don't think Motherwell should be allowed to play any games on that pitch,I don't think I have seen a worse surface than that.

Thoughts ?.

I honestly didn't realise how bad the pitch was before last night. It just isn't funny I'm afraid and Motherwell should be ashamed of itself for this to happen year after year. The safety of players should be called into question here and while some still managed to string a few passes together it was obvious both teams were struggling to do that with any consistency due to the bobbles and uncertainty running on it.

I appreciate in Scotland it isn't easy to deal with the weather and our bizarre fixture computer. I also understand it isn't cheap to maintain pitches and undersoil heating. However, no team should have to play such a pitch and the SPL should be ashamed of themselves for not ensuring every team can supply the kind of conditions a player can perform their job safely on.

It's a total disgrace. Craig Brown was trying to make out last night that there's nothing wrong with it & that he doesn't know what all the fuss is about. He obviously needs to see an optician. Motherwell supposedly spent 350 grand on that pitch last year & look at the state of it. Their contractor Greentech should be taken to court if they won't fix it, but the problem is that for a new pitch to settle & grow properly it would need to be laid in the spring and not played on all summer, so provisions would need to be made for Motherwell to end the season playing somewhere else, which is highly unlikely to happen.

_47276982_pitch466b.jpg

I honestly didn't realise how bad the pitch was before last night. It just isn't funny I'm afraid and Motherwell should be ashamed of itself for this to happen year after year. The safety of players should be called into question here and while some still managed to string a few passes together it was obvious both teams were struggling to do that with any consistency due to the bobbles and uncertainty running on it.

I appreciate in Scotland it isn't easy to deal with the weather and our bizarre fixture computer. I also understand it isn't cheap to maintain pitches and undersoil heating. However, no team should have to play such a pitch and the SPL should be ashamed of themselves for not ensuring every team can supply the kind of conditions a player can perform their job safely on.

The solution would be is to make them sort their pitch or if they can't maintain it properly do what the Russians and Norwegians etc have which is a plastic pitch. I know it will be disputed but if they can't maintain their pitch then change it.

Scheduling the CIS Cup semi final for Fir Park must rank as one of the most bizarre decisions even in the annals of the SFA/SFL/SPL.

Yeah, I can't get that one at all what was the thinking there?

EDIT: Just saw that they are banned because of the Dunfermline experiment.