McGhee-I may rest my stars for Celtic Game

MARK McGHEE has confessed he's ready to field a WEAKENED team against Celtic tomorrow.

The Aberdeen boss could rest key men ahead of the Scottish Cup replay against Raith Rovers next week.

That would incense Dons fans and spark fury with Celts' title rivals Rangers.

It would also break a league rule which demands all clubs field their strongest teams.

Former Hoops striker McGhee said: "We do not necessarily have to beat Celtic on Saturday to finish fourth in the SPL and make Europe.

"We DO have to beat Raith in the Cup.

"We need our strongest squad to be fit for Tuesday so I will need to be careful who I pick.

"It might be I'll make changes for Saturday to make sure the best team is clear to face Raith. It's something I have to look at carefully."

McGhee is desperate to beat Raith after the Dons' dramatic injury-time escape at Stark's Park last Saturday.

A win in Tuesday's replay at Pittodrie would bring a trip to face another First Division side, Dundee, in the quarter-finals. McGhee is eager to avenge a Co-Op Cup defeat at Dens Park at the start of the season.

The cash-starved Dons are also keen to reach the Hampden semi-finals as they bid to end their trophy famine.

McGhee could rest key duo Zander Diamond and Sone Aluko against Celts as they have played twice in a week after long lay-offs. He may also let the likes of Mark Kerr, Charlie Mulgrew and Darren Mackie rest strains to ensure their readiness for the replay.

But any move to field a weakened side would contravene strict SPL rules and the Dons could face sanctions.

Rule B5 of the league regulations states: "Each club shall play its full strength team in all league matches."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2850628/McGhee-I-may-rest-my-stars-for-Celts.html

Fuck off McGhee, go for it if you wish. Hope the SPL come down on you hard and the Sheep fans turn on you big time.

Your nothing but a lowlife scummy cheating bastard ! Your still hurting because you never got the Celtic job, poor Mark !

Grow up and be like any other manager out there !

What an arsehole the guy is. He won't last long in Aberdeen that's for sure. They're already turning on him & it'll only get worse. His only salvation would be winning the Scottish Cup, but that's unlikely to happen given how shite his team are.

What an arsehole the guy is. He won't last long in Aberdeen that's for sure. They're already turning on him & it'll only get worse. His only salvation would be winning the Scottish Cup, but that's unlikely to happen given how shite his team are.

Aye,here's hoping the SHEEP don't make the top six,that would help us anyway as we always struggle up there